Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,989   Posts: 1,524,094   Online: 1098

Shooter
    35mm

new lense for nikon n60 (f60 europe)

i just received my n60 in the mail, and i was wondering which autofocus lense for a low price would be fit for this camera. i know all of the af nikkor lenses fit, but are there any other options? i don't know too much about lenses, and what options are out there. i already have a standard 50mm (manual) lense, which doesn't quite fit my needs.

thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What kind of lenses are you looking for? Any F-mount AF lens will work on the camera. The 50mm/1.8 is a great lens to start with. Any reason why you say it doesn't meet your needs?

Shooter
    35mm
    the 50mm doesn't fit my needs because it's not an auto-focus lense

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This page and this page will tell you what lenses you can use with the N60/F60.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alanportfolio
    the 50mm doesn't fit my needs because it's not an auto-focus lense
    You can use MF lenses with the N60 but it will not meter. You have to use manual metering.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In that case just go with the 50/1.8 AF-D - great lens and cheap.

Shooter
    35mm
    Just today, I saw in the bargain bin of my local shop, three brand new Nikon 28-80 "G" AF lenses ($30.00) that work very well on the F60.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The N-60 was my first "electric" camera. I use it mainly for quick changing situations ie.parades,sporting events. Picked up a Tamron 28-200 AF.Love it to death.
    By the by,I still have the original 35-80 lens it came with if you want to talk turkey. Drop me a pm.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    You can use MF lenses with the N60 but it will not meter. You have to use manual metering.
    Oooh, so that's why it won't meter . anyways, i have been using a manual focus lense, don't like it too much, especially because... i can only use it on manual settings...

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by sensanjay
    This page and this page will tell you what lenses you can use with the N60/F60.
    thanks, those sites were pretty helpful.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin