Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,552   Posts: 1,544,909   Online: 935

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The only problem with the 50/1.4 is that it's a relatively sought after lens...it'll run you around $130 from Keh.com in Excellent condition. I got mine off Ebay for $125 with caps and a hard case. Sometimes you get lucky.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks, Soeren, for your views and the link. A lot to read there!

By the way, are there any problems with AF lenses on a FM body?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bwlina
    Thanks, Soeren, for your views and the link. A lot to read there!

By the way, are there any problems with AF lenses on a FM body?
    No not at all. I use my AFD and Ais lenses on F90X and FE2 with no problems
    but actually I find the F90X a better body even for Ais lenses it's so easy to focus lenses manually on it.
    Cheers Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    The only problem with the 50/1.4 is that it's a relatively sought after lens...it'll run you around $130 from Keh.com in Excellent condition. I got mine off Ebay for $125 with caps and a hard case. Sometimes you get lucky.
    Thats right Stephanie. It seem you get more value for money with the f/1,8 or 2,0 so if you don't need the speed you may be better of with one of those.
    Cheers Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, but I'd still recommend spending the extra moolah if you're going to be doing any available light shooting...even that little bit more speed helps out a lot.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Personally I'm a little tempted by the 35mm f/1,4. Any one with experience on that one ?
    Cheers Søren

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    That was ALSO a bit too rich for my blood at the time. I stuck to a 50 as my focal length while learning to use the camera. From what I've seen it's a fantastic piece of glass.

Bah, this is all making me want to get a Nikon FE again. Or at least an SLR.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    That was ALSO a bit too rich for my blood at the time. I stuck to a 50 as my focal length while learning to use the camera. From what I've seen it's a fantastic piece of glass.

Bah, this is all making me want to get a Nikon FE again. Or at least an SLR.

Stephanie
    You hear nothing but my voice you feel like sleeping your mind is focused on one thing and one thing only " I need more cameras...more.... SLR's......more.... LF's........MF's..................and RF's.........more RF's
    When I say Click you will wake up and you will feel the urge to go out and buy more cameras.....SLR's.........LF's...........MF's and RF's ....................
    .........................................Click

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That was the main reason why I went with an FD (Canon) system - you can easily have a 50mm f1.4 SSC for well under $50, and I doubt its not as good as the Nikkor (many people say its the best lens in that size/speed - but I don't want to start that war as I simply don't have the evidence or the time and effort to care enough to fight that war ). But, of course, that is just another brand.. and I don't want to be the guy who turns this into a "list what camera YOU like and why I should buy it" thread. But, if you re going to branch out into a whole new system, the price and availability of lenses should be considered. In all honesty, you already have the Oly - there is no good, practical reason to get into another system. Of course, you may simply want a Nikon, and I of all people, can certainly understand that - but it can not be called a "practical reason". Either way, get a basic kit for whatever you have - the old double the focal length rule seems to work well in practice (24, 50, 100). But then again, you probably already know this and want more specific suggestions, sorry to get a little rambly on you

By the way... I have a e-series 50 mm Nikon f1.8 - those lenses get a bum-rap, they are really not that bad at all. Now that I have shot one, I would suggest that given the price, they are not a bad choice at all. Optically strong, a little flimsy - but I have yet to see one just fall apart - and cheap enough that you can easily invest in a $5 rubber hood that will take care of the only problem I have encountered with mine - being a touch prone to flare as compared to other 50's I have shot.

I'll shut up now

Peter.

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Depending on what you are shooting if after journalism I woudl go with the;

28 1.4, 50 1.4, 85 1.5 a 135 would be nice to finish the kit.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin