Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 75,777   Posts: 1,671,093   Online: 964

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I also love the Fuji Neopan 1600. I like the grain and it's not objectionable in my opinion. I develop it in Kodak D-76.
    You also don''t have to have a darkroom to develop film. I use a darkbag to load my film onto my SS developing reels and into my tank. Been doing that for years. I guess it helps to have a sink with running water too. I just use my bathroom sink and hang up my film to dry over the bathtub.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hmm, yes, well, since this thread persists, I'll chime in, again. I recently got the results in from four rolls of Neopan 1600. I f!#@$%g love this film. So punchy and expressive. I shall be shooting a lot of this film in the very near future. I have yet to pull or push it, though I can't imagine that it would push all that well. It's soooo contrasty at 1600. One of my absolute favorites.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lovely film! I've been using it during the whole winter. My IE is 640 and I develop it in D-76 1+1 at 20 C. It has a great punch and the grain is so beautiful so sometimes I don't mind make it more visible by using Rodinal.
    - You will develop when you become an analog photographer / Exposed Material / Monochromes

Shooter
    35mm
    A very good film.

Kiron Kid

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Neopan 1600 is about the only 35mm film I use any more. It has the finest grain of any of the 3 fast films. However, it is only about 800 speed. It doesn't push well. It has a very short toe so the shadows drop to black very quickly. Something I personally like, but doesn't help if you want more speed. I use it as a general purpose film because I love the look, but only shoot it at 800. I wish it came in 120.

If you really want more speed, either Tmax 3200 or Delta 3200 have a bit more real speed and push much, much better. I generally prefer Tmax 3200, it seems to work well in most developers. I could never get a handle on Delta 3200, but kept trying because it is the only one of these available in 120. I found the grain very intrusive and the highlights very flat in anything I used to develop it until I tried Tmax (or Tmax RS) developer. I find this developer ideal for Delta 3200 since it kicks up the contrast in the highlights and gives a little more speed and a little less grain. I actually now prefer Delta 3200 to Tmax 3200, but only in Tmax developer (Tmax developer works pretty well for Tmax 3200 and Neopan 1600 as well).

John

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'll go along with John about speed and grain. Unsurprisingly, the finest grained is also the slowest (Neopan, ISO 650-800); the fastest has the coarsest grain (Delta 3200, ISO 1000-1250); and TMZ comes in the middle at ISO 800-1000. For my money, Delta pushes far and away the best -- at 3200 it really does have a small amount of shadow detail, unlike the other two -- and after that it's down to personal preference, with Delta getting my vote for vastly superior tonality.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My contribution for "Ravenstein by candle light" on Neopan 1600. E.I. 1600 and in fact almost a push +1 development, even in the SPUR SLD developer.
    http://gallery.fotohuisrovo.nl/displ...?album=7&pos=0

Some more info about this nice Dutch old town and this unique event:
    http://www.stadjeravenstein.nl/index...ina=Kaarslicht

Best regards,

Robert

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin