Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,953   Posts: 1,522,776   Online: 1013

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield
    List it on ebay, and describe it "mint condition, but I'm not a camera person and I don't know anything about cameras. No Returns." (and be sure to post a fuzzy photo)

(just kidding)
    and add that it belonged to your late grandfather's cousin and you're selling it on behalf of his sister-in-law. THat will give your listing the authentic ebay feel.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim Chinn
    I am not knocking Nikons. But like anything mechanical, they all break and wear out after so many shutter cycles and rolls of film.
    The FA had a fine run, considering it was fairly primitive electronic camera by today's standards: twenty years for a 'prosumer' camera is pretty good. It's Pro brother F3 will run till the cockroaches take over.

I remember selling FAs way back when. In a pro-centric store, we did our best to talk serious folks into an F3. Like the F100 ( another fine 'prosumer' camera' ) it was excellent, but not nearly the bombproof pro camera folks thought of when they said Nikon.
    "One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid,
    and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision"

-Bertrand Russell

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you still have your wood-burning pencil from Boy Scout days, in addition to Eric's eBay suggestions, you could add one sharp photo showing the subtle image of Jesus lightly burned into the covering of the back.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Where do old Nikons go to die?

My closet....sob, sob, sniff sniff, I'm now mostly a Canon digital shooter, sob, sob....but wait a minute! During a very quiet time, I sneaked a Nikon F6 into the house, heh, heh...I could try a roll of film...sshhh, don't tell anybody. I think I'll just have to sleep with it under my pillow. It Lives!

Seriously, eBay the old thing. Somebody may need a part. If you need a replacement, an FM2N, F3, or for that matter any F series camera in good shape will outlast all others. I know...I have quite a few in my closet. All of the batteries are still good. Still hoping to shoot some film again. I guess like the shoe guys say..."Just Do It"

Lou

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by resummerfield
    List it on ebay, and describe it "mint condition, but I'm not a camera person and I don't know anything about cameras. No Returns." (and be sure to post a fuzzy photo)

(just kidding)
    classic...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin