Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,655   Posts: 1,481,395   Online: 1057

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I've enjoyed checking back here and reading the replies. Almost all serve to confirm my love for film, be it 35mm or medium format (the formats I use).

One more reason that I appreciate using film is because it keeps me excited about photography. For the short time that I used a digital slr I found that I quickly became bored with looking at ALL my photos. My fault..... I overshot just because I could. More does not equate better.
    Shooting black and white film, I am more discriminate in what I photograph, put more thought into making a photo and I end up with less frames and more keepers.

The whole process of film photography works better for me and keeps it both fun and exciting.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    You should use 35mm if you like to use film and enjoy the process, but if you have to ask why you should use it your missing the point. If you have used both then make up your own mind.
    I like to use film because I like the way it looks, I don't care if a digital has more or less resolution, or whatever, I have seen enough digital photos to know that I prefer film, & the more BS I hear about digital the more determined I become to stick to film for my own work, even if it is irrational!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an idle thought, but since no-one else has said it:

Does anyone else enjoy 35mm casettes? The little hard shells, compact, holding your images safely inside until processed? Somehow physically more reassuring than digital wheat-thins for image storage? Same thing that I prefer about 35 over 120; I love 120 negatives, but paper wrapped on a spool just never feels as secure as little metal wrapped and capped 35mm cassettes.

More seriously, I continue to shoot 35mm because since end of college, I've been able to afford professional (often 20 -30 years out of date, but be that as it may) cameras, with 100% viewfinders, good glass, that I can actually see through. These are now cheap (Nikon F2s just over $200, F3 over $300), while the equivalent digital body is over $2000? When something costs as much as a used car, I tend to treat it differently and not use it as hard, thereby limiting the cases where I'll have it to take pictures with.

Ergonomics, man. Same reason why I told someone that I still used an F2 when I could afford an F5; if I'm going to carry something the size of a P67, I expect the negative to be the size of a neg from a P67.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I guess after watching this thread for a number of days.. the reason I shoot 35mm over digital......is ......because I can! and as long as I can, I don't wish or want to move to digital...

Dave

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks once again for all the replys , it has made very interersting reading and i hope you have all enjoyed reading them too.
    cheers scott

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin