Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,905   Posts: 1,521,288   Online: 1195

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's anything like my SP500 or SP1000, then the meter switch is shut off after you depress the shutter.

Dave

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    ... pity the powers at be with Pentax did not have an on/off switch or button like the Olympus OM-1.
    Or like the non-F Spotmatics! Actually, on the earlier Spots, the meter shuts off every time you trip the shutter.

(Opps - see prior post. Timing is everything. )
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by dschneller
    If it's anything like my SP500 or SP1000, then the meter switch is shut off after you depress the shutter.
    Dave
    If the linkage still works. That's usually the first thing to go (and not worth fixing IMO, just remember to turn the meter off manually.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stark raving
    If the linkage still works. That's usually the first thing to go (and not worth fixing IMO, just remember to turn the meter off manually.)
    I would have thought the meter would be the first thing to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You may be the perfect customer for one of those obnoxious "cap-keepers"(the little elastic that goes around the lens with a string attached tht sticks to the front of the lens cap)
    Usually, I would say the thought of something dangling from my camera would make me have fits, but in this case, I think it may be just annoying enough to save your batteries!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uncle Bill, just buy plenty of those batteries or get an old Spottie with the meter switch on the side. You can also do as I did and but a C.V Bessaflex to take all those sweet Pentax screw mount lenses, it's even got that meter switch!

North Carolina, USA (transplanted from Seattle)
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by dschneller
    I would have thought the meter would be the first thing to go.
    Not in mine. The linkage was gone when I bought mine, used and then 14 years old, in 1981. The meter finally died in early 2005, at 38 years of age; the shutoff linkage was repaired when I had the meter cells replaced a couple months ago, and is already non-functional again.

I've seen very few Spotmatics of similar vintage to mine with meters that didn't work if you put in a battery, though the CdS cells do age and most from the late 1960s are probably due to fail in the next decade or so...
    Photography has always fascinated me -- as a child, simply for the magic of capturing an image onto glossy paper with a little box, but as an adult because of the unique juxtaposition of science and art -- the physics of optics, the mechanics of the camera, the chemistry of film and developer, alongside the art in seeing, composing, exposing, processing and printing.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin