Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,205   Posts: 1,531,702   Online: 1141

Thread: Ricoh XR2

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ricoh XR2

In the late 70's I fell in love with an all black bodied Ricoh XR2 in the military exchange, but as an E-4 I had to save up a couple of months to buy it. To make a long story short, by the time I saved the money, it had already been sold and they never got another one in. Now, the last thing I need is another camera, but I never forgot that beauty and a few nights ago I saw one on Ebay for $19 and bought it. Can anyone tell me about this camera? I can figure out all the controls, very similar to my FE with the addition of an eyepiece blind and lack of motor drive capability, but would like to know of any short commings or strengths.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have an XR-P that I shot for close to 15 years. Fantastic cameras..
    Here is the manual for yours.

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/xr-2s/xr-2s-splash.htm

- Randy

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hey, I was just looking at the manual and it says you can attach a power winder, which I happen to have a spare of. Shoot me a PM if you would like to have it.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Randy, the manual is actually for the XR2s which will take a winder the XR2 doesn't other than that and the slow shutter speeds they're the same camera.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a shop soiled XR1 body back in 1980, it's the manual version of the XR2. These Ricoh cameras were the first non-Pentax cameras to use the K bayonet mount. The XR1 has proved robust and reliable but the shutter is very noisy (compared for example to a Pentax ME Super). Later on the same basic body was usede for a number of models before a more compact type was introduced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had thought about getting a XR1 to replace my K1000 due to the self timer and DOF preview but got a FM instead.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin