Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,710   Posts: 1,548,634   Online: 1112

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Camera Bag

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I like the Billingham bags a lot. They're better made than any other canvas bag I've ever owned (including original Leica bags and various Domke's). I would check into a larger Billingham. Alternately, I also like Lowe-pro and F64 bags in nylon. I think I was a charter member of the Bag-A-Month Club for a while and I ended up with a closet-full of camera bags.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DeanC
    I really like my Domke F-2. Fits two bodies, 3 lens and a flash no sweat, with room left over for film, filters, etc.
    I use a Domke too..... Not sure which one it is, but I can carry a TLR and a 35mm.... 2 lenses, meter, flash and film.... Its black canvas and doesn't scream "camera bag".......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Lowe-Pro Nova 4 that I bought a few years ago. It's nice and small and yet holds a surprising amount of gear.

To give you an idea, in mine I have a pair of FEs (one with an MD-12 motor drive), a 28, a 50, an 80-200, a 16 fisheye, and a small flash.

I think it might be a good bag for you. It's very basic-looking (which I like) and it's a great size and weight to take when I go hiking (especially if I leave the MD-12 in the car).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    In terms of size you may want to check out Tenba P859. Over the years I have used nothing but Tenba, and I'm very happy with the quality of their products. I bought my first Tenba bag in 1981, and it served me 25 years (it wasn't my best taken care of piece in my photo gear). Finally I bought the P859 a few weeks ago, and it looks like I'll get another 20+ years out of that one too. Last year I bought a Tenba baclpack for my LF camera, and it really is tough.

The P859 comes with dividers, which can be taken out. In that case the bag is lighter and it's more like a canvas bag. Even without the internal padding it still has protective walls.

Tenba isn't the cheapest you can find for your gear, but it is top quality stuff. I hope this helps.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin