Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,636   Online: 870

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    Can you detail your experience a bit? Was it awful or just slow?

Very slow and unresponsive - like they didn't want to be bothered.

90/3.5 APO-Lanthar: $295, hood $39. Ouch! I'd rather spend that money on a nice MF set like a Mamiya TLR.
    The 90/3.5 Apo-Lanthar is a super lens! and so is the 75mm/2.5 Color Heliar - I have both lenses (yeah, I'm a nut!)! And yes, these Voigtlander lens are a bit pricey, but IMO well worth it!

Look for an LZOS (or other FSU factory) Jupiter 9 on eBay or at the FSU websites. You could also post an APUG classified want ad.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    I'm looking for M42 mount to use on my Spotmatic, and gave a look at Rugift. My only qualm with them was that it cost me an extra 40 CDN$ to buy from them, and that's a saving I wouldn't mind doing.
    I certainly understand that, and if you hear that dealing directly with LZOS is likely to be reliable, I can't make a good case for going through RuGift instead.

Another option is, as others suggest, eBay. You could try e-mailing some of the bigger FSU camera sellers there and ask about a new (as opposed to used) Jupiter-9. Sometimes new lenses crop up, and if sellers know you're looking for a particular item, they may be able to find it locally and sell it to you. I got a (claimed to be) new Vega-11U enlarger lens via eBay a while ago for less than LZOS sets as their selling price. It's got a serial number indicating it was made in 1985, IIRC, so it's clearly new-old-stock (NOS) -- either that or it was actually used but in pristine condition. The point being that new Russian optics do sometimes crop up on eBay for excellent prices.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://cgi.ebay.com/JUPITER-9-portra...QQcmdZViewItem

I don't know anything about this seller, but this is an 42mm mount LZOS Jupiter 9 with a Buy-It-Now price of $70.00
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've checked around ebay a bit today, and I must concur with Tom and Bill that these sellers may be more convenient. I didn't think about the WU fee. I think I'll give them a ride when my budget is back on track.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin