Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,913   Online: 959

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: bokeh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by donbga
    So in plain English, bokeh should be pronounced, BO - KEY?
    Or the Canadian version - BOK-EH?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "Bokeh" comes from the Greek word "boukali" that means "bottle" and, as elekm correctly put it, the effect that sharp images usually produce on film in the cameras that are held by drunken photographers. Or, the result on the film that someone obtains when he exchanges his/her Planar by a cheaper lens made out of a cut Bottle Bottom End (the cut BBE's are what has remained from the bottles used by Blues Guitar players for the "sliding guitar effect" (SGE) so proudly produced in the Southern Regions of the USA...)

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    "Bokeh" comes from the Greek word "boukali" that means "bottle" and, as elekm correctly put it, the effect that sharp images usually produce on film in the cameras that are held by drunken photographers. Or, the result on the film that someone obtains when he exchanges his/her Planar by a cheaper lens made out of a cut Bottle Bottom End (the cut BBE's are what has remained from the bottles used by Blues Guitar players for the "sliding guitar effect" (SGE) so proudly produced in the Southern Regions of the USA...)
    Alright. Let me finish my drink, and I'll go creative on my way home with the empty bottle!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    Alright. Let me finish my drink, and I'll go creative on my way home with the empty bottle!
    I'm sure that an empty Sake bottle will help you get creative (at least for a few hours after consuming its content)...

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    So, with German lens you get beer bokeh, with Japanese lens you get sake bokeh.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflydream
    Considering that Schneider makes their lenses in Bad Kreuznach, you could hope to get Trockenbeerenauslesebokeh. But I'm afraid Rodenstock is irredeemably beerish.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflydream
    How about Soju liquor? Does it make you creative?

That liquor totally knocked me out in the restroom in a bar once and I couldn't make it home that night. I was pretty artistic with myself on the floor.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Considering that Schneider makes their lenses in Bad Kreuznach, you could hope to get Trockenbeerenauslesebokeh. But I'm afraid Rodenstock is irredeemably beerish.
    I think that I have an old bottle of Trockenbeerenauslese in my basement, Ole... I could invite anyone who can pronounce it for a party in my place to empty it, but I guess that it won't be very crowded...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think that I have an old bottle of Trockenbeerenauslese in my basement, Ole... I could invite anyone who can pronounce it for a party in my place to empty it, but I guess that it won't be very crowded...
    If you say when, I'll bring a coupla '78 J. J. Prum TBAs. Nectar!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I could invite anyone who can pronounce it for a party in my place to empty it, but I guess that it won't be very crowded...
    I'll be there!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin