Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,309   Online: 854

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: bokeh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    Sorry, my English is not good as yours, but I still do not understand what bokeh really is or means!
    Can you help me, please?
    How have you done so nice pictures without knowing what Bokeh is ? :-)

(PS shoudn't you spell your name "Volker" ?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou

(PS shoudn't you spell your name "Volker" ?)

Thank you George!
    But I really have no idea what bokeh is, have never heard of it before I joined APUG.
    This name is correct with F! Most people ask this question ;-)
    ________

Regards
    Folker

MonoArt - fine photographs

Shooter
    35mm

Bokeh Articles from Photo Techniques Magazine

Mr Fernandez, this is really impressive !!!! I will look for the issue you mention in my Photo Techniques collection, but in case I don't find it, could you point out the link where the third article can be found (the one that is posted on the internet) ?
    You can purchase back issue of Photo Techniques on bokeh (May/June 1997/Vol. 18, No. 3: What is 'Bokeh') here: http://www.phototechmag.com/back_issues2.htm scroll down to the right issue. The cost for shipping outside of the USA at $10 (on top of the $5.00 cost of the back issue) is a bit much.

Harold Merklinger’s article, “A Technical View of Bokeh,” can be found for free here: http://www.darkroom.com/MiscDocs/bokeh.pdf . I didn’t find this article so useful as it tends to get too technical and hard to follow. The other two articles from the above issue of Photo Techniques are more interesting to me.

Shooter
    Multi Format

(snip)
    George, have you lost your tiny hellenic mind? Discussions of bokeh are a form of oneupmanship. The sad part of it is that people who carry on lenses' bokeh haven't got to first principles yet.

Yeah, I know, the hokey bokey, that's what its all about. Might even be true, but I doubt it.

Cheers,

Dan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by O Fernandez
    I wish Oren Grad had decided to speak up more on the topic of bokeh, since his article is the most pertinent to this discussion.
    I'm happy to try to help if you have specific questions.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by O Fernandez
    You can purchase back issue of Photo Techniques on bokeh (May/June 1997/Vol. 18, No. 3: What is 'Bokeh') here: http://www.phototechmag.com/back_issues2.htm scroll down to the right issue. The cost for shipping outside of the USA at $10 (on top of the $5.00 cost of the back issue) is a bit much.

Harold Merklinger’s article, “A Technical View of Bokeh,” can be found for free here: http://www.darkroom.com/MiscDocs/bokeh.pdf . I didn’t find this article so useful as it tends to get too technical and hard to follow. The other two articles from the above issue of Photo Techniques are more interesting to me.
    Thank you, senor Fernandez... I know about the back issue ordering, it's not really (financially) interesting...

The online article is great, I can imagine how good must be the other ones (since they are better)...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mono
    This name is correct with F! Most people ask this question ;-)
    OK Folker, I'll jump in my Folksvagen and come to visit you in Vrankvurt am Main one of these days...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK Folker, I'll jump in my Folksvagen and come to visit you in Vrankvurt am Main one of these days...
    ;-)))
    ________

Regards
    Folker

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Whatever you might think of Ken Rockwell his article on bokeh may be easier to read than others.
    Sorry if the link has been posted before.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

I do understand why Folker take good pics without knowing about bokeh. There is a lot of debth of field in them. Great pics BTW (by the way)

Cheers, Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Whatever you might think of Ken Rockwell his article on bokeh may be easier to read than others.
    Sorry if the link has been posted before.

http://www.kenrockwell.com/tech/bokeh.htm

I do understand why Folker take good pics without knowing about bokeh. There is a lot of debth of field in them. Great pics BTW (by the way)

Cheers, Søren
    Thank you Soeren!

But I think I am certainly not the subject of this thread ;-)
    Last edited by mono; 05-03-2006 at 04:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    ________

Regards
    Folker

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin