Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,074   Online: 727

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: bokeh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    That's great ! From now on, I'll call anyone that gets on my nerves "Bokeh". Not only I will have lots of fun with him not understanding what I'm calling him, but I'll simultaneously put a Japanese curse on him (and he'll turn to an eel or a snail :-)... OR, even worse, he'll be forced to watch all Yasuhiro Ozu and Akira Kurosawa films in a row...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou
    That's great ! From now on, I'll call anyone that gets on my nerves "Bokeh". Not only I will have lots of fun with him not understanding what I'm calling him, but I'll simultaneously put a Japanese curse on him (and he'll turn to an eel or a snail :-)... OR, even worse, he'll be forced to watch all Yasuhiro Ozu and Akira Kurosawa films in a row...
    Poli Kalla George. Ise Bokeh
    Kali Mera, Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by George Papantoniou

Also, Bokeh implies dementia, and Alzheimer's disease is (at least viewed in the Japanese culture) in the same category. It could a real insult to some people in certan ages and certain health and mental conditions.

For example, my grandmother, who is 91 years old, is a little too sensitive to hear the word, "bokeh." She doesn't know anything about the technicality of photography at all.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah! It's amazing how little the actors in Oriental films speak (how brief their sentences sound to me) and how much is translated on the undertitles (yesterday I saw the Korean "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance", by the way). Sometimes I can't keep up with the action because I have to focus on what is written on the undertitles, although I listen to the actors only phrasing some scarce words every now and then. I guess that each (short) word must (potentially) mean dozens of different things, while in Western languages (and especially mine) there is a different word for every bloody thing there is (and isn't)...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed_Davor
    . . .
    Can someone show me an example of the third kind of bokeh (the one where you get lights with dim centers, the "negative" bokeh)?
    Ed, could this be what you were refering to . . . bubbles?
    Taken with a old Praktica FX3.
    Last edited by DannL; 01-24-2007 at 01:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi Dann

Yea, that's it..

now that you have mentioned it, I took a look at some of my old
    Practica pictures (LTL) and they also have that kind of bubble bokeh.
    Really nice

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Firecracker reminded me: "renkyu bokeh" is well spoken japanese expression among "salary men" which means a dull state of mind after the long holidays.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I found this interesting and exhaustive gallery worth looking at.
    http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/range...-using-m9.html

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin