Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,856   Posts: 1,583,040   Online: 900

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Vivtar XC 3 is the smallest and lightest 42MM camera that I have ever come across. I bought one in the 70's along with with a Chinon with a winder, but in most sitiutations I used the XC3, just so handy. The XC has an electronic shutter so it is battery dependent. The Vivtar gave out on my last trip to Death Valley, the mirror and shutter hung up in the heat. In terms of adaptors, I have used both a K mount and Nikon adaptors and found that the K adaptor would not meter wider than 28mm and the Nikon vineated lens longer than 200mm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Pentax MX with an adaptor is a good choice for small, light and effective. I use one of these as well as a Chinon CM-3 (Early version of the Cosina SLR) and both are compact, have good metering and are reasonably light.

You could also get a Rebel Ti and use your adaptor. While larger than a real M42 body, it will also be lighter (As these are some of the lightest 35mm SLR's ever made)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin