Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,708   Online: 796

Shooter
    Medium Format

Camera Rebuild and Repair??

I have 2 Canon AE-1's (one program) that are in need of the typical run through. Cleaning, lubing and adjusting. I have a local guy that does great work but at $120ish a body. I found the below for $60 - $80, depending on any parts that need replacing... I'd have to ship, but thats minor.....

http://www.mcvr.com/canonae1.htm

I'd like to support a local guy... Especially someone in the art of old film cameras, but....... You get the idea.

Anyone here of the above repair joint? Anyone know of something similar?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had a Minolta repaired by Garry's Camera http://www22.brinkster.com/garryscamera/ and was quite satisfied. He also repairs Pentax and I believe Canon. He charges a flat fee for a repair which includes CLA.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have my Minolta XG-M's cleaned every other year by Camera's Etc. in Newark, Delaware. Very happy with them.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What I want to know is, has anyone used a company possibly without a storefront. Someone that works with Mailed in bodies only??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bighead
    What I want to know is, has anyone used a company possibly without a storefront. Someone that works with Mailed in bodies only??
    John Titterington does my Minolta SRTs but I'm not sure if he works on anything with electronics. You can ask him. His email addy is JTCamera@aol.com.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin