Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,812   Posts: 1,581,560   Online: 959

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ed Sukach
    Anyone so troubled should talk to the people at their bank who administer their credit cards. They are probably the most effective "conflict negotiators".
    Always pay by credit card! Do not pay by cheque or allow Paypal to debit your bank account.

I had to get a chargeback against Paypal after 3 days and 14 emails resulted in nothing more than circular "keep the mug spinning around in circles and he'll give up eventually" treatment from them. The amount? 1 GBP...

Cheers, Bob.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can't tell you how awful it was when paypal debited my checking account twice for a payment. I caught it within 5 minutes and called paypal and their response was too bad, contact the seller and get your money back. Luckily the seller was great and responded right away but paypal did not even after the seller recended one of the payments and it resulted in overdrafts on my account. Luckily my bank was understanding and gave me back most of the money. It took two weeks for paypal to release the amount back into my account. I try never to have my bank account debited but you have to be careful because it automatically comes up first. Once taken shame on them, twice taken shame on me, so I will be extra careful from now on.
    Prints available in the APUG GAllery
    www.gaylarsonphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I recently used eBay's dispute resolution process successfully. After 6 weeks of polite but increasingly forceful emails to the seller I filled in the online form and had my money back within 7 days ($60 worth of 4x5 film holders). He was a high volume seller so perhaps it was easier to garnishee proceeds from his other sales?

Unfortunately I embarrassed myself by clicking on the wrong Paypal payment numbers and initially reported David Goldfarb instead of the bad guy! I had bought something from David via Paypal at about the same time and the items were adjacent in my paypal history.

Lesson learned: I got interrupted while filling in the form and it timed out. Second time around I was annoyed and hastily made a wrong selection. It is also very easy to withdraw a dispute I also quickly discovered!

This has been my only bad experience with eBAY in about 4 years of buying and selling - admittedly in low volumes.

Tony

Shooter
    35mm
    There's an awful lot of camera product like this on the bay, some people opt to get them fixed up, others are lucky enough to get refunds.

John

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin