Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,234   Posts: 1,532,933   Online: 1030

Shooter
    Medium Format

Metz sca 370/60 CT1 compatibity

Hi all

Sorry for such a silly question I am looking at getting an sca 370 adaptor for a pentax LX to be used with a metz 60 ct1, are these compatible with each other or is the 4 the way to go.

Thank in advance -greg

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only justification for a special adapter, is to enable TTL capability, if it is available.

The Metz 60CT1 does not offer any TTL capability. The 60CT2 (no longer made) and the 60CT4 do.

Accordingly, there is no reason to look for a special adapter for the 60CT1.

That being said, if you do get an adapter that provides TTL capability, it may still provide basic functioning with the 60CT1, and open the door for TTL capability, if you later obtain the appropriate flash head.

My 520 adapter works for TTL on my 60CT2 with my Olympus OM2n, and reliably triggers my CT1 as well, with any of my Olympus bodies.

And they are both great flashes!

Matt

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin