Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,474   Posts: 1,570,978   Online: 805

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Contax lens mounts.

Can anyone comment on the different lens mounts and which are applicable to which Yashica bodies. I want to try out a couple of Contax lenses.

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by waynecrider
    Can anyone comment on the different lens mounts and which are applicable to which Yashica bodies. I want to try out a couple of Contax lenses.
    The situation can be summed up by saying that all Yashica manual focus bodies with the Contax/Yashica bayonet mount ie Yashica cameras made from the mid 1970's onwards (the first were the FX-1 and FX-2) will take all Contax AE & MM lenses. The only modern Contax lenses which won't fit are those used by the N series of autofocus Contax cameras but I don't think they sold in great numbers. Also I believe the short-lived Yashica series of autofocus SLR's used a different type of mount.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you plan to use program mode or shutter priority mode on the Contaxes that support it (the 167MT was the first, I think), then you want MM lenses. AE lenses, and all Yashica lenses, lack the proportional diaphragm to permit program mode and shutter priority mode to work reliably. (If you know Nikon nomenclature, this is the same as the difference between AI and AI-S.)

If you plan to use manual mode or aperture priority only, then this is a moot point.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin