Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,608   Online: 685

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

cheap carbon/magnesium tripods on ebay?

Has anyone tried those cheap carbon fiber & magnesium alloy tripods on ebay?

ebay item# 7618773796

Are they worth the money?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Buying from Amvona

I have a tripod with head, a ballhead, and a camera bag that I bought from Amvona (in three separate purchases).

Each were purchased at very favourable prices, when I won an auction.

I am quite happy with the quality and the features. Although the tripod isn't a carbon/magnesium model, it is large, stable, and it and the head work well.

One caution though - Amvona's customer service is terrible.

My bag purchase, and my ballhead purchase went without a hitch. I had them shipped to my US shipping destination. It wasn't the fastest shipping, but it wasn't bad.

However, I tried to customize my tripod purchase.

If anything goes wrong, they'll probably make good on it, but you will need a lot of patience, and will need to spend a lot of time and energy in the process.

You will have similar problems if you want to customize your order any way. As an example, I dare you to try and order extra QR plates for an Amvona head!

When you deal with them, you get the impression that they have about a 1/4 of the staff that they really need.

I would buy again, but only if I was prepared to deal with some hassle.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Amvona has a very decent website... google them
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Amvona makes decent stuff but you get what you pay for.

And as stated above, their customer service sucks. Don't ever expect to talk to anyone on the phone. And don't expect quick shipping. I think the last thing I bought from them took 3 weeks to receive.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin