Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,784   Online: 1045

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Remember the Earthquake when Ziess announced Nikon F mount lenses

Silly question, other than Cameraquest, who is carrying the Carl Zeiss for Nikon lens line at retail in North America? I am aware they are available direct however, CZ's third party logistics firm has UPS the carrier of record, which I being Canadian have great issues with ( they screw us with outragous brokerage fees). I am just curious at the moment are they planning to get any retail presence?

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If it's just UPS have them do UPS second day or faster. Avoid the ground service. OTOH if it's just the principle of avoiding UPS then I understand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    If it's just UPS have them do UPS second day or faster. Avoid the ground service. OTOH if it's just the principle of avoiding UPS then I understand
    Does UPS not charge customs brokerage fees for faster delivery services? That's the issue, and I've heard the brokerage fees are sometimes absurdly high going either way across the Canadian-US border. They charged me 10% of the price of a telescope ordered from BC in customs brokerage fees, but in that instance, I still saved a lot of money.

Lee

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No brokerage fee [or any other] on the faster services. That's why B&H doesn't offer UPS ground to Canada.

http://www.ups.com/content/ca/en/shi...clearance.html

With Ground it's not just the brokerage fee it's all the added other fees. Also remember to phone before hand and pay the taxes. This way you'll avoid the COD fee.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am going to wait and see when the Carl Zeiss ZF lens program hits retail, if it does. I am in no rush at the moment. In fact I am waiting to hear feedback from fellow APUG members who have purchased and used the lenses.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can try contacting http://www.photovillage.com/ in New York. They should be carrying the new ZF lenses, if they don't have them already. Their website does not get updated that often, so better to actually ask them instead of just checking their site. Best of luck.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I was also excited to see the new Zeiss lenses in 50mm and 85mm f/1.4 in Nikon F-mount. If anyone here searches for ZF Zeiss and finds this thread over the summer, please post images at f/1.4. I can't wait to see how the "feel" of these photographs will compare to my Nikkor 50mm f/1.2.

In fact, if someone has, or, will have in the future, both the Nikkor 50mm (f/1.4 or f/1.2) and Zeiss ZF 50mm and can take the same photograph with two lenses, it will be very educational indeed!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin