Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,753   Online: 856

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ellenmarie,
    Many of the wedding shooters in the Chicagoland area use the Nikon N90 or N90s. A few less bells & whistles than the F100 but very reliable.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Why don't you see if you can rent one from Calumet or somewhere else first? As much as I love my F5, I wouldn't suggest you get one until you see how big and heavy they are, and see if you are comfortable using it.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Here's another vote towards the F6. I haven't shot with the F5, and I haven't photographed weddings (video, yes), but I'm shooting other kinds of events enough to thoroughly appreciate the F6's size and sophistication, as well as it's relative quietude.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a F100 for weddings and find it great and very reliable. I have a FM2 as a back up and agree that an F5 would be a good choice as they are cheap second hand- God bless digital!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji S3 as most use here in EU for weddings meanwhile, you can use all your Nikkors!
    Most of my clients only want Digital of there weddings, its cheaper without film use!
    So I have now a set for Negs and a set for Digis!
    Its also for me not to bad you just see what you get on the monitor!
    I just did my second one in digital, sorry to tell you this!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another vote for the metal-bodied Nikons - F4s, F5, or F6. When all else fails, sturdy enough to give the bride's mother a good whomp up side the head (with it held at full length of the strap!).
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnArs
    Fuji S3 as most use here in EU for weddings meanwhile, you can use all your Nikkors!
    Most of my clients only want Digital of there weddings, its cheaper without film use!
    So I have now a set for Negs and a set for Digis!
    Its also for me not to bad you just see what you get on the monitor!
    I just did my second one in digital, sorry to tell you this!
    Then why tell us. FWIW, you say your clients want digital, OK, there is a new invention called a film scanner.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks again to everyone... I have a reprieve of sorts I think. Found a place that has promised my F100 back to me before next weekend. Hope it's true. But I'm still looking forward to adding to my collection now. Just won't feel as rushed and will have time to play before trusting something fully!

Re: digital thoughts... I'm truly committed to my film and am just so thankful we have this forum. I do realize that digital is working well for many. I'm often surprised by the people that - even though they know I'm all film - think that I have digital answers for them. Like where do I buy a battery for my digital camera... how do I do this with my digital camera??!! Funny...
    [FONT=Book Antiqua]Ellen Marie[/FONT]
    SC

www.bellafiorephoto.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Ellen,

I applaud your decision to stick with what you like. There are too many photographer that go along like a herd of cattle, because "everyone else is" is doing it. You may have to turn down a few jobs, but if you stick with your principles, you will win out in the end - mediocrity is what awaits those who compromise.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Robert just to let you know whats going on in the world;-))
    To go digital via scannes does not make sence for weddings!
    I can now make booth sides the old way and the new way and it holds my brain fresh to handle booth!
    I would also prefer film but the costumer is the king not me!
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin