Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,951   Posts: 1,585,998   Online: 811

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark, I really don't understand problem with EOS. Every EOS camera can be set to manual expoxure, lenses can be set on manual focus mode, and you have all manual camera. You don't have to use complicated interfaces if you don't want. Buy split focus screen for your EOS, set camera and lenses on manual modes, and problem is solved...

I have EOS 3, and I use it on all manual mode or aperture priority mode. My EF lenses are allways set on manual focus mode. I wear eye glasses. So, you can do the same. Yes, I would love Leica or Zeiss lenses instead my Canon lenses, that is why I would like R6.2 or Aria, but that is because of lenses, not camera body. I can use my Canon body same way (manual) as any other manual camera if I want (Ok, except film winding )

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Nikon action finder (also called a sports finder) is designed for those who must shoot while wearing eyeglasses, sunglasses, protective glasses, goggles, or a helmet.

The action finder is available for the following Nikon SLR bodies that have interchangeable viewfinders:

F (unnumbered action finder)
    F2 (action finder DA-1)
    F3 (action finder DA-2)
    F4 (action finder DA-20)
    F5 (action finder DA-30)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am a very happy Canon user, and love the finder on my New F1 - but, I think with specs you may find the same issues with it as with your OM (which is known for having a great finder to start with - so I think that in itself is not an issue, but rather making it work for someone with glasses). In view of this, I have to wiegh in on the side of the F3hp - every time I look through one of these the viewfinder blows me away. Personally, I think it is the best I have ever seen on a 35mm slr, bar none. And I think the hp would put you right in the ball park for getting around the glasses issue and letting you use that gorgeous, 100% finder!
    And yes, that film advance is Rolex smooth, butter feels like scotchbrite by comparison!

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Fisher
    My 35mm outfit right now is Canon EOS. I originally bought it 15 years ago because I had difficulty focusing my beloved OM1. After using medium and large format, I've learned to really dislike my EOS for its plastic, autofocus and relatively complicated interface. My OM1 is really ideal (size, control, important features, ergonomics) EXCEPT for the viewfinder. I wear glasses and find it difficult to use. Are there any similar alternatives in the Canon FD, Pentax, or Nikon worlds that might fit my needs? I'd be willing to give up some on size to get an amazingly good viewfinder.

Thanks -- Mark
    I wear glasses and I find the OM1 to have the best viewfinder of all the MF cameras I have tried. I believe the OM viewfinder was one of the first 'high-eyepoint' viewfinders a full 8 years or so before Nikon made their own!

Hope this helps,

Lachlan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I would agree with those who sugesst puting diopra correction in your OM-1 viewfinder. Failing that, both the OM-3 and 4 have dial in correction.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    View finders and eyeglasses are not usually compatible. I have found that the vintage Rollei 2000 or 3003 with the dual view finder system work for me. There is also a prism sports finder that is even easier to view. These 35mm gems are hard to find but once you use one of them you will find it is a wonderful camera and the ability to change the film back in mid roll is a real plus.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin