Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,581   Posts: 1,622,106   Online: 883

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by roteague
    I wonder if you either have a lot of haze or air pollution as well. The 81A is a good choice for your situation. You may also want to try a Tiffen Warm Polarizing filter - it does wonderful things with greens, especially when used with Velvia.
    Thanks for the advice. 81A seems to be the most logical choice. The warm polarizer might be difficult to find in Bangkok, but I will certainly look for one. And regarding the air pollution and haze, well, it wouldn't be an overstatement to say Bangkok is one of the most polluted cities worldwide, especially with bikes and buses releasing their white fumes in the streets Cheers,
    Edward

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Rich,

Yes, I'm also sure there would be a difference. But according to B+W website, the skylight filters lower the temperature by just 200K. This is very negligible in real life, though one should be able to spot the difference in side by side comparisons.

Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1
    Edward,

I am almost sure if you shot the same image with the same lighting, lens and film and exposure and compared the results taken with UV and Skylight Filters and kept excellent records of the the exposures, that you would find a difference in the results.

Rich

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardkaraa
    ... Also I believe humans prefer warmer colors in general. ..
    Forgive the "I once heard something somewhere" nature of my post, perhaps someone can recall this and chime in with more concrete facts - but:
    I remember hearing somewhere that in a side by side test of various consumer and pro films, most people picked photos which were judged to have an improper, unrealistic colour rendition by experts. Just from personal experience, I know that the average person likes slightly Disney-ish photos. I think your observation is very accurate, and even though these findings were from a sample of people in no way involved in serious photography... well, we are all human

Peter.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can see the results of using either filter by taking a look at the slides on a light box and laying the filter on the slide. You will be able to see the difference in color rendition quite plainly.
    Some might say I have a bad attitude! Too bad.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin