Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,744   Online: 795

Shooter
    35mm

EOS 3 noob question (mid roll rewind, leader out)

Just got a great EOS 3 last week and am having fun playing. Quick question regarding leaving the leader out when doing a mid roll rewind: How do you folks work with that? Do you mark the canister with the last frame counted? What do you do when you reload that film? Lens covered, fire frames until the number you marked on the canister?

I don't think this is a tough question but didn't want to waste film/frames experimenting with this one.

Thanks for your help.
    Wesmore Digital
    www.wesmoredigital.ca

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I mark the frame number on the cannister with a pen and then do what you said, fire the shutter until it gets to the frame.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn
    I mark the frame number on the cannister with a pen and then do what you said, fire the shutter until it gets to the frame.
    I rewind it all the way and mark the number on the canister. when i want to use it i use a film retriever, and put the lens cap on and fire it until its ready. i wish there could be a function that you put in the # of frames and the motor drive\winder goes to it
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just remebrer when reloading film to set smallest aperture and to cover viewfinder window. Just in case...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I do this all the time, since I shoot 35mm and sometimes I want to shoot something different filmwise. Follow this good advice and one more. Always reload the film on the same hole in the film so you exposures will stay in line and not close the gap on the previous exposure when you get to where you left off.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by flash19901
    Yeah, I do this all the time, since I shoot 35mm and sometimes I want to shoot something different filmwise. Follow this good advice and one more. Always reload the film on the same hole in the film so you exposures will stay in line and not close the gap on the previous exposure when you get to where you left off.
    Or expose one more just in case, so you dont get a double exp
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also remember to set the camera to manual, if you leave on auto, you will be doing it forever because the camera will calculate the exposure for 30 sec + I set mine to camera to manual at 1/1000th shutter speed, small aperture.

As to the mid wind rewind and then advance back to the frame you rewound at, if I remember right a couple of the Nikons had this feature, like the F5..

R.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin