Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,202   Posts: 1,531,572   Online: 1077

View Poll Results: What focusing do you use mostly.

Voters
29. You may not vote on this poll
  • RF

11 37.93%
  • SLR

15 51.72%
  • GroundGlass(LF)

5 17.24%
  • Guess focus (old folders and broken RF's)

2 6.90%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A good idea might be to scale focus first and only make minor adjustments in the viewfinder. Because the patch moves so much compared to the split thing (forgot what to call it) of a 35 mm slr you might have to hunt for it otherwise. It took me about 6 months of taking photos of my fast moving children to get good at it. But with a 50 mm or 35 mm lens, close up wide open, nothing will beat RF-focusing. It is very exact and fast.

/matti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Although I use SLRs most of the time, I must say that I find rangefinders quicker and easier to focus once you get used to them. You do, though have to put in a bit of time to get used to them.

David.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Agree with David on this, you have to do the miles. Rangefinders come into there own in low light conditions especially with wide angle lenses.
    Stick with your rangefinder and get out at night and enjoy.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by narsuitus
    1. I cannot cast a vote because the focusing method I use depends on which camera I am using.

2. The SLR voting choice is meaningless because how I focus with an SLR depends on which focusing screen (split-image, microprism, ground matte, etc.) is installed in the SLR.

3. How will the results from this poll help you with your focusing problem?
    #3 looks like an opportunity for a new poll!
    Chris

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin