Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,481   Online: 997

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    If I had a Nikon F2 that needed repairs or CLA I send it right off to Sover Wong. He's got my recommendations: fair prices, knows what he's talking about and can give you good advice when he gets your camera. He also provided some photos of the stripped-down camera, results from the check on my shutter speeds and gave me a 12 month warranty on the job.

He uses the Nikon factory repair manuals and calibrates your camera down to 1/4 of a stop (better than Nikons own specs). His site is sometimes down due to high traffic but don't worry, just check in a bit later. He also works on the meters. He did my Nikon F2 and the Photomic I have. Works like a charm.

He's based in Nottingham, UK, by the way.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I'll vouch for Sover Wong as well, he did my F2A and it is so sweet now, and decent prices considering what he does and the peace of mind knowing that the work was done right by someone who really knows and cares about these cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just realized, If the strip only appears with long exposures the camera has probably lost some tension on the closing curtain. It is a very simple adjustment. What happens is the CC doesn't have enough velocity to complete it's travel
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Someone in another post just mentioned this place for exclusive Nikon repair:

http://www.authorizedphoto.com/

Seems like they do old cameras too and they stock 100% Nikon parts. I recently took 2 Nikons to a local shop and I regret it. Not too many people seem to use genuine Nikon parts.
    Ara
    Just because you're not paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have recently noticed the same problem with my F2a. Only, I know that it happens with shutter speeds of >1/1000. So far I haven't noticed it at all if I keep the shutter speeds slower. At first I wasn't sure what was going on, but figured that the curtain is out of sync somehow at higher speeds.

I am interested in having it repaired as well, but a little edgy about shipping it to UK, though that sounds like a good bet.

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Jerevan]If I had a Nikon F2 that needed repairs or CLA I send it right off to [URL=http://www.geocities.com/sover_wong/

Thanks Jerevan. Sounds good.

Dave L

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin