Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,610   Online: 1123

Shooter
    35mm

3 cameras on 1 tripod for fireworks=HELP.

Crazy idea right, i am very very new to photography and i need all of the help i can get. These are the cameras i will be using.

Number one is an old Canon AE-1 with a metal body, this one will be mounted right to the tripod shoe, these are the 3 Canon lens i have for it.
    #1=FD 50mm, 1:1.8, #2=FD 50mm, 1:1.8 S.C, same lens right, #3, B&H/Canon
    FD 24mm 1:2.8=S.S.C in Red Capatiol letters, on this lens is a screw on clear len,s it reads HOLVE M.G. 55mm SKY?
    The 3 lenses have all of the same 4 rows for settings=ASA,shutter Speed, Distance Scale and Preset Aperture ring.

The next camera is the good old stand by Olympus XA, i have used this camera for a while so i think i no which setting to use.

#3 Camera my lady friend has is, well it starts with that Bad Bad letter D.
    If all works out right with some of you help or maybe, well you no=HELP, they should be some good photos with just a short time delay when we press the shutter button just a few, well you no.
    I just need help with my Canon, all the settings and #'s make me Crazy, been reading about the use of all of the different settings but to much in a short period of time.

From my family to all of the Apug familys have a safe and nice 4th of July,
    O.K. you can all stop laughing right now with this idea i have, good morning.

Mike.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    The only setting you need is "manuel".

Set the camera to bulb, the lens to f/11 or f/16.

Shoot 100 ISO color film.

Open the shutter for 15 to 30 seconds to capture the bursts.

3 cameras = 3 tripods.

Also easy.

Grin.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinholemaster
    3 cameras = 3 tripods.
    Another equation you could try:

3 cameras + 1 roll of gaffer tape = 1 tripod!!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Actually, the first two lenses may be slightly different in their coating. As far as their use, yes they are the same.

I would suggest obtaining a cable release to release the shutter. This would avoid potential camera shake with your Canon.
    Diane

Halak 41

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've mounted multiple cameras on a single sturdy tripod by inserting a 1/4 inch T-nut in a strip of wood to secure it to the tripod. 1/4 inch holes in the strip permit mounting the cameras with 1/4 inch bolts and wing nuts. Since a camera with time exposure capabilities doesn't need to be touched during the exposure, it can be rested on any solid surface. Much information on fireworks photography is available with a google search. One link is Popular Photography.

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks to all of you, and to think i just opened my mouth while having a beer, i drink harvery wall bangers, to a couple of my buddies and they said would help me set all of it up, Tom said it would be so cool and out of site with the 3 cameras taking pictures at such a short period of time.
    I am so blown away with all of the information that is on this site, like i am a newbe and all of you just have the paietence to share it with me as a newbe and to just think in that cardboard box i opened up and found the XA camera and got me on the way.
    I should of started at age 6, not 60 when i retired from the Iron Workers.
    Awesome fire works pictures, will give it a try and see what happenes, should be fun and to learn something to.

Diane do you remember the site were the guy was asking about old Glass Plate Negatives and then he scanned 2 in for us to see, the date on the site or page was about a year old in 95.
    I sent you and Nicole some Glass Plate Negatives pictures i have that were over 100 years old.
    Nicole Boenic was on the site to asking about seeing old pictures of children.

Every buddy be safe on the 4th.

Mike

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin