Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,109   Online: 853

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    I'm surprised that no mention has yet been made of the Nikon 28mm f/2.8 AIS Nikkor. For me, it's a tossup between this lens and the oft mentioned S-M-C Takumar 50/1.4

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In 35 mm, the Zeiss 21 mm Biogon for the Contax G2 - Wicked !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    Since it's in the 35mm subforum, I'll say yes. My favorite is the Cosina-Voigtländer 21mm Color-Skopar which sits on my Bessa-L. It's a wonderful little superwide lens, and well worth the small additional price of a Bessa-L if you haven't got a Leica thread-mount camera already.
    Another vote for the Cosina-Voigtländer 21mm Color-Skopar. Mine is currently mounted on my Bessa-T.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It all depends on which week you are talking about! This week it is my Canon 50mm 1.2L, next week who knows? Back to the SMC Takumar 1.4, this truly is a great low light lens and so cheap too. I have two and they both have gone a yellow colour as noted somewhere else in this thread.

This is no problem as I use them for B&W mostly, but I was wondering what causes this as it seems to be a common problem.

Tony.

Shooter
    35mm
    Radioactive lens elements ? These can yellow over time, as per early Zuiko 55mmf/1.2 (?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am echoing the choice of the Takumar 55 f1.8 and F2. I have versions from the semi auto for my Asahi Pentax Model K all the way to a SMC Takuamar for my Spotmatic F. Pop a yellow or orange filter and magic happens.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Images
    Best: SMC Pentax f:1.4. Second best: DR Summicron. Most usable: Canon 28-105.

Zeiss Planar 85 f1.4
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

T42

Shooter
    35mm
    My favorite, generally speaking, is a fast fifty. I rank mine in this order: f2 Summicron, f1.4 Nikkor, f2 Jupiter 8, f2.8 Tessar. They are all quite good. I like the Summicron's OOF backgrounds better. The Jupiter 8 is a stunning perfomer for the small price paid.

Henry in Atlanta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones
    Radioactive lens elements ? These can yellow over time, as per early Zuiko 55mmf/1.2 (?)
    Peter should I keep them in a separate lead-lined room?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin