Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,474   Posts: 1,570,985   Online: 830

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789
    cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by januaryman View Post
    How can anyone pick just one favorite? I have too many. but love almost all of them.

Nonetheless, I'm tempted to say it's my Canon 35/2.0 LTM because it is so sharp and classic in contract and soft oof, but my partiality might be because it took me so long to find a decent one that I could afford.
    I have got one, too, it's pretty close to my favourite and often called "the japanese Summicron". If it is so difficult to find an affordable one I will put it into the classifieds section here, together with my Canon VT deluxe and a 1.5/50 Zeiss Sonnar in LTM - I simply never use them, owning a 35 and 50 M-Summicron.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Peter Jones View Post
    Have you got a favourite lens ? If so, what are the reasons behind this ?
    My favourite lens is the last one that I used. At last count I had ~20 favourites.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Jenkin View Post
    Difficult choice but, right now, it's my FD 24mm/f2.0 which seems to handle just about any situation with ease and little, if any, distortion.
    I'm with you, Paul. i have the 24mm f2 and I love this lens. The focal length is just perfect for the way I see, and it doesn't cause over-the-top distortions like wider lenses do.

For the record, I have the f2.8 model as well and I am equally pleased with it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably the one I have on my camera when I need it, however the one that is always in the kit and usually mounted on a body is the Olympus Zuiko 85mm f2. Not a lens, but I usually have a set of extension tubes in the kit to expand the possibilities of any lens. Bill Barber

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Out of a room full of lenses by several different makers, my all-time favorite is the Olympus OM Zuiko 90/2.0 macro. My next favorite it a old Summitar 50/2, which is more or less permanently mounted to my Leica.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin