Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,880   Online: 1073

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Bags

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Bags

What bag do you use? i use this one: http://www.lowepro.com/Products/Shou...ic/EX_160.aspx

Its perfect
    Marko Kovacevic
    Blog
    Youtube

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oldest one: Tenba for 35mm (first camera) that has not had the tiniest problem since I bought it (25 years ago)...

Biggest one: Lowe pro for the Hassie system. Since the weight is much, the handle is a little torn on one side. I try to handle it by its strap.

Lowe pro for the leica (small one), Lowe pro for the Rollei (it's a rucksack, for travelling), lowe pro for the Linhof.

Two suitcases for the monorail (one dedicated for the camera, one generic aluminium for the lenses and the rest).

Haven't got one for the new acquisition (8x10), but I'm looking for one. Any suggestions ?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I hate bags!! Whichever one I have at the time, I wish I had brought a different one.

When out walking I prefer to take just my Rolleicord and a few rolls of film in my pocket (and sometimes a lightmeter).

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My three primary bags are a large LowePro Pro Trekker AW (one size down from the Super Trekker...at least back when I bought it, not sure what they even make now...) for the large lenses or the full Mamiya outfit, a LowePro Orion AW for a reduced Mamiya outfit or a travel 35 mm kit, and an Amphipod Airflow CD for the Holga or Widelux (after I modified it a bit...). I have other assorted bags, but those are the ones I use 99% of the time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've 5 different bags but none I'm 100% happy with. I've a jacket with big pockets and I think I prefer that for 35mm and MF.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    "This photo/video bag has an adventurous spirit, a bold attitude and an interior that can be customized."

Don't you just love ad-writers?!

(BTW, I'm not knocking the bag, just the description!)

I have a Lowepro Nova 2 for my 3-lens Nikon F80 outfit and a Nova 4 AW for my 3-lens + spotmeter Mamiya TLR outfit plus a Op/Tech tripod strap for the Manfrotto. If I want to take both outfits along... well, I'm currently out of luck!

I've considered a backpack, but the whole difficulty of taking it off to change lenses, get a filter, etc. means I'd probably put it down and work around it, which (in turn) means in practice I'd probably come back to it and find it gone!

The Novas will do for the time being, although it would be better if they opened away from the wearer like the TLZs.
    The destination is important, but so is the journey

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith
    I hate bags!! Whichever one I have at the time, I wish I had brought a different one.

When out walking I prefer to take just my Rolleicord and a few rolls of film in my pocket (and sometimes a lightmeter).

Steve.
    Me too. I never use a bag when walking. I have four different bags. The one I use the most is an old Black's bag of ballistic nylon with padding. It will hold my Pentacon sixtl, Rolleiflex, a 35mm slr, a few lenses and film. It's a good sturdy old bag that can carry a lot and has held up well.
    Rick Jason.
    "I'm still developing"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a Billingham 550, I use very rarely it holds both my Mamiya and Canon gear, but it's so heavy when loaded I have difficulty walking in a straight line with it over my shoulder. I use a Billingham 335 I use a lot more that holds all my Canon stuff I find it very easy to "work "out of with it over my shoulder because of the way its designed, . My small bag is a Hama Caddy that holds a SLR body 4 lenses and a meter in a very small space this is my most used bag.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Whenever I am traveling I use the LowePro Micro Trekker 200. I can fit my Hassey, 3 lenses, light meter and lots of film in that little bag.

Otherwise I use hard cases with stiff dividers and foam inserts from Optex.

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I use a grey army bag I got for about $7 at an army surplus store. I find it quite convinient and I strongly suspect it has the same effect on the quality of my pictures as a superdupermegarad $150 bag would Although my main picture takers are my trusty old Zenit EM and Stereo Realist, both being well-built and not too expensive, so extremely good protection probably is not a very big issue.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin