Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,852   Posts: 1,582,892   Online: 991

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Mitchell
    The 35-80 is actually a very good lens, certainly better than the one that Pentax makes now (bow-wow). It's only drawback is that, being an early zoom lens, for closeups/macro it only works at the 80mm end.

Macro ability is not an important feature for me (I'd rather buy a dedicated macro lens and/or a bellows for that) so it wouldn't matter. The one thing that I would need is the actual Adaptall-M42 ring, so if I can snatch one on eBay it could be a good deal.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I have a zoom that (if I remember correctly) is a Tamron adapted for screwmount. I have a pre-Spotmatic Pentax. I used it a few times, but realized I liked the primes much better. I might be interested in loaning it out or selling it, since I think I used it about 3 times.
    Could be interesting! I sent you a PM about that.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv
    I suppose there would be some sweet zooms I could put on a K1000. Know any names?
    No-one has mentioned Vivitar yet and I've never before got beyond the mechanics of them, which always seem rather sloppy and graunchy. However, I bought a K-mount 28 - 80mm zoom (or something around that range) for the simple reason that it was only five pounds in a flea market.

Sure, it was sloppy and graunchy but I took it along with me for an afternoon's work on a feature article for a magazine and one of the images from that lens ended up on the cover.

Beware of zooms with anything wrong with them, though. Repairers don't seem to like fixing them and charge accordingly!

Best wishes,

Steve (and please let us know how you get on!)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Vivitar seriers 1s are worth looking at, much better than any of the standard Vivitars, optically as good as many modern lens. Sigma also made short zooms in the 35 to 70 range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have been watching this auction for a few days, hoping to jump in at the last minute, but an Eb*y noob has gone bid crazy and pushed it beyond what I would pay.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Andy, I've been watching that one too, but wasn't sure of what to expect of it.

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Consider the early Vivitar Series 1 35-85 f2.8 varifocal. This was made in M42. They're not common, but show up on eBay from time to time. They are a bit flarey (they have about a zillion lens elements) but are sharp as hell across the whole focal length range. Build quality of the early Series 1 was on par with the Asahi Takumars, i.e. luxury quality by today's standards.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin