Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,935   Posts: 1,557,052   Online: 1260

Shooter
    35mm

What to use to cover up walls with for inside shooting?

I have to cover up some walls and tables i made to shoot inside for backrounds, i do not remember which site it was on here.

A couple of you out there said there was a certain Fabric to use because this certain type of Fabric was thicker or densor for what ever reason. Maybe because of useing a flash inside it did not refelect it back to you.

Also some one said that they used a heavy canvas drop cloth and just painted it.
    I should of put this down on paper. I think i just found it, was is it Duck Cloth Fabric. And a Heavy Duty Painters canvas drop cloth and just paint it.
    Also what about Muslin i think, bad hand writing, Thanks.

Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My solution was simple and inexpensive. I picked up 4 cotton sheets from a yard sale for $1.00 and dyed them with a product I bought from the grocery store. I forget the brand name. (Rex??)
    simple,fast and cheap.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Mike, that will be easy for me to do, also i will see about the canvas to, paint a bunch of them different colors to.

I looked up Muslin, and boy is it expensive but really nice stuff for backrounds. going to look up that Duck cloth fabric.

Mike.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Mike might be thinking of Rit dye. It is cheap and can be found in most grocery and fabric stores.

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Randy nailed the name.

If you use a flat dye (grey or dark blue) it's possible to add some overlap with cans of spray paint. Gives a bit more texture and depth if you are artistically inclined.

JMK

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Mike and Randy, with the dye i can do a bunch of them different colors and the spray paint make different designs in the sheets that i dyed. I have a small air compressor and some where in the garage a small air brush put away, might be interesting to see how different designs in the sheets and colors would work with the subject or subjects i am shooting, will let you no how it works out, thanks again.

Mike.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin