Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,699   Posts: 1,549,157   Online: 1069

Shooter
    35mm

Assistance with price?

We have a chance to buy a Nikon E and some lenses. Not used in a long time, but worked at the time. Any idea what we should offer (which would be fair)? Will need to close the deal quickly. Thanks kindly!
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=3]APUGers do it in the DARK[/SIZE][SIZE=3]![/SIZE][/SIZE] :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    EM? FE? EL? ELW? EL2? FE2?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    You didn't give any info about the number or type of lenses, so it's hard to set a value.

Just my opinion, but I wouldn't buy an E series Nikon camera or any E series lenses. They were disposable, consumer grade stuff when they were made (20 years ago?), and haven't improved with age. Older Nikon gear is so affordable these days that I would sooner grab an FE, FM, or F2 if I wanted an inexpensive body, and really excellent AI lenses are so affordable now.

N

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't know. I bought a EM for something like $25 might have been $30. Came with a 50mm and a few other odds and ends. Sure it's a basic cheap little camera. That's why I bought it. I won't be upset if it's lost,stolen or broken. Some times you just need something basic.

Shooter
    35mm

assistance with price - thanks!

Thanks for all the quick responses. We've made an offer (low) for the outfit; will see what happens. APUG is Great!
    [SIZE=7][SIZE=3]APUGers do it in the DARK[/SIZE][SIZE=3]![/SIZE][/SIZE] :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Check prices for similar gear on KEH or in the completed department of Ebay. They should give you a ballpark idea of what a camera or lens is worth.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Depending on how they've been treated over the years, the E-series Nikon lenses had pretty good optics. I've had a couple in the past, including a 36-72mm zoom that was surprisingly sharp although slow with a variable maximum aperture. I later read that the late Galen Rowell, the mountaineer/nature photographer, liked to use this particular Nikon zoom due to its light weight.

No idea what any of it would be worth, however.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin