Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,750   Posts: 1,483,839   Online: 1062

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Oh John...you are too funny. Nikon makes everything...they just market it like Vivitar used to contract. Those fine L Canon lenses are really made by Nikon/Leica/Zeiss/Panagor/Pentax/Mitsubishi/Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/Ford/GMC. All the money made in the world ends up in the hands of the CE/F/I- O of one mega corporation. The marketing is just all hype so we continue to buy the mass produced inferior but superbly advertised/hyped/marketed goods.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by unohuu View Post
    Oh John...you are too funny. Nikon makes everything...they just market it like Vivitar used to contract. Those fine L Canon lenses are really made by Nikon/Leica/Zeiss/Panagor/Pentax/Mitsubishi/Sony/Samsung/Panasonic/Ford/GMC. All the money made in the world ends up in the hands of the CE/F/I- O of one mega corporation. The marketing is just all hype so we continue to buy the mass produced inferior but superbly advertised/hyped/marketed goods.
    As per Scot Adams - You forgot to add that all work is outsourced to one pperson. and we are scr*w*d when that person calls in sick.
    B & D
    Rochester, NY
    ========================
    Quiquid Latine dictum sit altum viditur

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by unohuu View Post
    All the money made in the world ends up in the hands of the CE/F/I- O of one mega corporation. The marketing is just all hype so we continue to buy the mass produced inferior but superbly advertised/hyped/marketed goods.
    Guessing his name might be Jean-Baptiste Emanuel Zorg?

erie

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi there

Hope I'm not too late to share.

I'm not a wedding photog but from my recent wedding for brother in law I found F5 + 28-70f2.8 and 105mm f2.8
    is sufficient to cover everything.

For flash I used Metz 70 MZ5.

I have 17-35 as backup for group but never use it.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Last time I shot a night-time wedding party I tried to use my Contax 167MT with Zeiss 28-85 zoom, figuring that that would cover everything. Trouble was, it was too dark to focus properly. OK, if I weren't autofocus-phobic maybe I'd own an autofocus camera, but I don't. In retrospect, next time I'll use one of my Leica M's so at least I can focus in dim light. Yes, I've got lots of Nikons, and maybe I'd have been better off with my FE2 and 35mm f/2. But I do think a rangefinder would be better in marginal light.

Shooter
    35mm
    I used to shoot weddings with N90s and F5 cameras. I had various combinations of two bodies with one wearing the 35-70mm f2.8 zoom and the other the 85mm f1.4. I had a few other lenses in my bag like the 180mm f2.8 but they were seldom used.

You need to have at least two bodies so I see nothing wrong with having two primary lenses.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin