Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,469   Posts: 1,570,896   Online: 987

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Craig,

Some of what you may be seeing is the metering emphasis/pattern of the cameras. As I recall when I had and shot the F1N the camera had a 12% metering pattern that was somewhat centered but toward the lower portion of the frame. My New F1 metered differently relying on averaging or spot (center of the focusing screen). I am not sure how the Nikon cameras meter.
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

If you have got some battery other than the 625 mercury or Wein, such as an alkaline in the F1 it will underexpose a bright midtone by one stop - exactly what you have
    Mark
    Mark Layne
    Nova Scotia
    and Barbados

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have the 625 in it, and I had heard about the underexposure and was expecting that, whch is why I was surprised at the metering agreeing with the F1N.

I was aiming the camera at a uniformly lit, blank wall so the metering patterns wouldn't affect the readings. I changed the Nikons metering patterns and that made no difference to the readings. I have the spot metering screen in the F1N, its the only screen I have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Claire Senft
    You are causing yourself problems by having too many cameras.
    Not if you use one handheld meter for all your cameras and not in camera meters

Shooter
    Medium Format

Heratic Alert!!!

You are causing yourself problems by having too many cameras.
    Dear Ms. Anne Thrope:

The Labile Ordering, Testing, Spending Association for Gear Acquisition Syndrome (LOTSA GAS) has reviewed your recent post, and found it not in compliance with our mission and goals; specifically to find homes for needy and underprivileged photographic equipment.

Your statement further undermines the principal tenet of capitalism, conspicuous and rampant consumer spending and the consumption of mass quantities of superfluous goods. This is obviously a threat to national security, and has been duly noted.

In an effort to re-educate you in the model consumer pogram and offer you the opportunity to again become a contributing member of society, we have subscribed you to roughly 19 photo gear catalogs, 453 email "big sale" news alerts, and notified the Department for Homeland Security that Ms. Anne Thrope is a possible frugal insurgent and should be monitored closely.

We hope that you see the light, and return to the fold immediately. Too many camera's indeed. This madam, is America. There is never too much of anything. We will have you super-sized in no time at all.

Yours in consumption,

Bullwinkle J. Moose
    LOTSA GAS
    Patrick

something witty and profound needs to be inserted here...

Shooter
    35mm
    Never have I seen the word "pogram" used in such sweet tones.

Love
    Rocky.
    Claire (Ms Anne Thrope is in the darkroom)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Love
    Rocky.
    Is it "principal" or "principle"

Love,
    Natasha, darling

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin