Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,224   Posts: 1,532,600   Online: 923

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi naturephoto 1, Rich i put in two new batteries and nothing, when you move the film winding lever it does nothing, pressing the shutter button nothing again, when you take the lens off and on the camera body where the lens screws onto the body down below on the inside of the body there are two points that are sticking out of the camera body, when i move them to the right all the way the mirrow comes down only 3/4 of the way, on my old canon book it tells you how you can lock up the mirror by turning it to the m position on the front of the camera body, on the camera that is uses for photomicrography, it says the mirrom can be locked independently from film advance and shutter speed operations, and the aperture is now stopped-down and controlled manually, when the mirrow is locked in the up position SLR veiwing is not possiable.
    I think this is what is going on maybe, but cannot find any M or a lock down on
    it that says lock down, think i will take it to maybe one of the guys like he just can look at something and fix it.
    Cant find an old booklet for it any where, no even on KEH, they were made from 81 to 87.

Thanks every one for you help and time.

Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can see if the battery connection is good by testing the batteries. This is from the XG-M manual:
    "Depress the Auto-setting release/battery-check button. If the red battery-check indicator on the front of the camera lights, batteries are serviceable."
    If you have fresh batteries installed and it's not showing a good charge then try cleaning the battery contacts - if that doesn't work then you're going to need to open it up and see if the wires inside are corroded. The wires coming directly off of the battery holder often get corroded by battery leakage.
    BTW - I found the manual at http://www.lensinc.net/freeuser.html
    Nathan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

I am not sure what to suggest at this point. The camera will probably need to go in to a qualified repairman unless someone else has more knowledge about the camera. By the way, and again I really do not know this camera, but I thought that the XG-M was one of the simpler Minolta cameras and lacked a mirror lock-up.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Rich and Nathan, fresh batteries in, red light shows in the front of the camera, so i will just put it on the shelf and when i get a few extra dollars take it in.
    Rich would you no if the Minolta lens will fit on my AE-1, that is a nice lens to have the 1:2.
    Thanks every one for all of your help.

Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mike,

Unfortunately no the Minolta lens will not fit your Canon AE-1. With the exception of the Pentax Screw and some of the Pentax K mounts, there were very few lenses that could be interchanged between cameras. The independent Tamron T and T2 series lenses had the ability to change the mounts to be put on different makers cameras, but they are an independent maker.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin