Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,197   Posts: 1,531,429   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 20 and I'm very satisfied! Do the job for me as I use the thing on the street! I can't say that I wish one more! Than I need a bag to carry the thing! A micro would be good somethimes! But....!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the 35mm f/1.4 and the 35mm f/2. Both are great lenses and either will work for documenting your surroundings.

If you are shooting in dim lighting situations, the more expensive f/1.4 is a better selection. The f/1.4 is only available in manual focus. The f/2 is available in auto focus or manual focus.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I do not know are you after manual focusing only?

Anyway
    1.4/85 AF is optically one the the best lens (if not the best) Nikon ever produced. The best for portraits of male and female, studio and enviro...
    2.8/55 micro is with floating element and is very good for my standard in art photography.
    2.5/105 manual excelent for portrait at F2.5 to F4 and also for street photography of "high" quality.

However good lens for Peter do not means good lens for Mike, and for those above I never saw any "bad" comment.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The 35mm f2.8 shift lens is an interesting choice. Quite a nice lens when used unshifted, though the pre-set aperture is a little tough to use. Some versions have trouble mounting on some Nikon bodies, though if you have a body with the AI lock-up tab, you can safely mount any vintage of this shift lens.

Given a choice of a very versatile walk-around 35mm, I would go for one of the 35mm f1.4 lenses, either an AI or AIS. Not as light as some other slower 35mm lenses, but quite good results. A lens hood is recommended for this one, though a good idea on most Nikon lenses.

Ciao!

Gordon

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I neglected the 35mm years ago - opting for a 28 to accompany my 50 and 105 (boy, I still would like to get an 85 - as would everyone else it seems given how the price stays so high!).

What I'd like now is the 35 to go with the higher focal lengths and drop down to a 24.

I recently went and tried Nikon (and Bessa replica) RF and a 35/24 combo is very nice on the "low normal" to wide side.

Happy hunting for that 35!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a pre AI gear but I have 35 Nikkor O f2, 50 f1.4, 50 f2, and a 105 f2.5 telephoto. I don't know much about the later lenses.

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Images
    Another recommendation for the 35mm PC. Incredible lens! I've used it for over 30 years, now with adapter for my EOS. Get the multicoated one, as the single coated has terrible flare.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy
    I have been slowly building up a stock of Nikon mount prime lenses. Any suggestions for a 35mm?

Mike
    I like the Nikkor 35/2 AIS. You should be able to find a nice example for about half of the much admired Nikkor 35/1.4 AI-AIS.

The 35/2 does not flare (compared to the 24/2.8) and is reasonably compact.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin