Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,731   Online: 868

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

some images I'd like to print huuuuge one day soon :)

Here are some scans of images I shot on my recent trip to NYC, Netherlands and Hong Kong. I'm hoping to print these (and many others) large and do some kind exhibition soon... I shot on 3 types of film while travelling, Fuji Astia 100, Velvia 50 and Neopan 400. I found the Velvia a bit tricky with ISO50 being a bit slow for me. The Neopan was perfect for shooting quick and the results (I hope you'll agree!) were great

New York Stock Exchange

School Trip by Fulton Street Markets

Taking a break in Utrect

Amsterdam (not a canal shot!!)

On Lan Tau Island

Old man on Nathan Rd. (need better title!!)

Constructive opinions appreciated
    www.detunephotography.com

Vegas/mysterious mohave co. az, Big Pine Key Fla.
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    You might want to post these in the Critique gallery as a subscriber

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    oooohhh is that one of those threads that ya can't see unless you subscribe? :| dang, hope I dont get flamed for posting here I just like this forum cos its all film peeps and I'm becoming strongly film biased :P

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Generally, APUG isn't such a great critique site, but insofar as it is, it generally happens in the Critique Gallery, and it is subscriber only.

You're not using APUG's bandwidth for your images, and we don't get too many threads like this in general, so for now I won't close it, but posting images in the forums is probably just not a very effective way of asking for feedback on APUG, since that's just not the way that APUG usually operates.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    ok, no worries, I guess I'm just chuffed with these images and was keen to show them off Also since I'm a fair noob when it comes to photography I never have much useful stuff to post up on APUG so I wanted to contribute a bit... uh... thats the end of my excuses
    www.detunephotography.com

Shooter
    35mm
    If you plan on doing an exhibition with all that entails in costs then you sound like a serious photographer. As a percentage of your costs compared to the benefits you may get, membership of APUG is a tiny fraction of your outlay.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by detune
    ok, no worries, I guess I'm just chuffed with these images and was keen to show them off Also since I'm a fair noob when it comes to photography I never have much useful stuff to post up on APUG so I wanted to contribute a bit... uh... thats the end of my excuses
    Your work is quite good, so I wouldn't worry too much about being new. I hope you do subscribe, so we can see your images in the gallery on a more regular bassi. Keep up the good work.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    thanks roteaque, I will consider it as I quite enjoy the more professional approach of this board and its members.

edit I've paid my sub, now just waitin for the critique part to appear...

edit part2 ok I've got the gallery part, this thread can be deleted now
    Last edited by detune; 07-20-2006 at 04:22 PM. Click to view previous post history.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin