Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,546,022   Online: 1008

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Nikon MF-28 databack problem

My MF-28 databack resets date and all other user input when i open the back in order to change film. Am I doing something wrong or is the back malfunctioning? (Resetting does not occur when the camera is switched off.)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    One of my friends came over to show me his MF28 back on his F5 recently.

I got my MF18 back for my F3 out and we started to compare.

With the fiddling around etc, his MF28 back started to malfunction as you describe.

Eventually it appeared that the battery in the back itself was flat and it was operating from the camera battery(s?).

He changed the MF28 battery and it worked again.

Not sure if this helps, but we found that particular piece of information in the instruction manual.

You know what they say, "if all else fails, read the instruction manual".

This could be your problem.

Mick.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I´ve figured out what was wrong. As you mention, the back draws energy from the body if its own batteries are dead og missing. When I replaced the batteries everything was fine.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin