Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,448   Online: 866

Thread: Zenit TTL

Shooter
    Multi Format

Zenit TTL

Hello,

Asking in another thread about Jupiter 9 lens, you nice people recommend me to get camera for that lens instead EOS adapter. So, I got one Zenit TTL two days ago, on flea market, with standard Helios 58mm/f2 lens. For 20 USD. But, there is no battery in it. So, my question is, which type of battery goes in that Zenit, or where to find manual for it. Any of those responses will solve my question. I know how to work with Zenit (this one and I worked with one few years ago), so manual is not must.

Camera is in perfect working condition, even in very nice cosmetic condition, so battery type in only issue I need to solve.

Thank you.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Zenit TTL used the old mercury PX25 cell which is now banned. There is an A25 - same sized as the PX25 but is alkaline. This doesn't work with the TTL. It does at first, but in time the meter will lose its accuracy. You'd probably be better using a separate hand-held meter if critical exposure measurement is necessary.

Jay
    FED ZORKI SURVIVAL SITE
    RANGEFINDERFILIPINAS
    Zorkikat.Com

"不管黑猫白猫能抓到老鼠就是好猫。" 邓小平
    It doesn't matter if a cat is black or white, so long as it catches mice.-邓小平

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks mcgrattan, thanks ZorkiKat, I thought that, but wanted to check. But, since I am in Eastern Europe, and still here are stocks of old stuff, and EU regulations still doesn't work here, several PX25 batteries could be found somewhere ...

Shooter
    35mm
    If the problem with the alkaline battery is that its voltage drops over time, you could try a silver oxide battery; those are more stable and last longer, although they're more expensive up front.

As to the manual request, the KMZ research division has an online version here. Another option is to join the Zenit Camera Group on Yahoo. They've got a TTL manual in the files section, but I've not downloaded it to check it out. That's a good site if you want more information on Zenits or other FSU cameras, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks, srs5694

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin