Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,530   Posts: 1,543,967   Online: 1111

Shooter
    35mm

Adorama/Fe2 problems

So I got an Fe2 from adorama last week to replace an fm2 which was dead and more expensive to repair than the Fe2. Went into the city, grabbed film from a friend 800 speed was all he had, meter set for 800 speed, shutter speeds at given apperatures with shutter in A seemed to agree with past expierence. Negs looked a bit underexposed, decided to check out the meter.....turns out that whether I set the iso down to 12 or up to 2000 it gives the SAME reading....1/500th of a second at f3.5......in a dimly lit room. Anyone?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hi,
    Don't take this the wrong way. It's broke, get adorama to fix it or give you a refund.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I seem to remember a like problem I had many years ago with my FE2.

New batteries fixed the problem.

You could check out the shutter changing by listening to the shutter when you set it to the manual 1/250 setting, (red on the dial). The run it through some of the lower speeds.

I would though try the battery first, my FE2 does go through a few and especially if they have sat in the body for a while then get used.

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    My relative had an issue with an FE2 draining the battery. battery life was only about 3-4 weeks (even when not in use). Turns out there was some electrical short going on inside. $100+ for a repair, but now the batteries last forever. Not sure if this is the problem, but thought I would give some added info.

Shooter
    35mm
    well adorama is letting me ship it back...whats the consensus...take the money back and run? or allow them to in return ship me a different FE2, which if I decide to do will enclose a note saying something like, dont even bother packing it unless you check the meter against a known good one.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Judging by Adorama's general reputation, I would take the money and run to KEH for a replacement.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Sorensen
    Judging by Adorama's general reputation, I would take the money and run to KEH for a replacement.
    I couldn't agree more! Customer service at KEH is way superior to Adorama or B&H. Also, their ratings on used cameras are right on the money. I just purchased an F3HP body last week in EX condition. The camera looks almost new, works great, feels new. The only noticable issue is that it has a tiny speck on the outside of the viewfinder that shows a bit of the brass underneath. Several months ago I purchased an F2A from KEH in EX condition. I was blown away by the outstanding condition it was in! So much so that I decided I don't have the heart to use it regularly because I am afraid to get any nicks or scratches on it. That's why I went and got the F3HP for regular use. Problem is that the F3HP look so good I'm afraid to get any nicks or scratches on it...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin