Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,696   Online: 819

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

New M42 Zeiss Planar 1.4 50mm!

Did anybody notice that Carl Zeiss is producing their 1.4 50mm Planar in M42 mount (product #1405-175)? It's not even advertised on their website, only through their online ordering form for ZF Nikon lenses. 500 EUR, it might be a contender against 50$ SMC Takumars f1.4 ...
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ah, it seems that it was the lens used on the Contax RTS that they re-mounted in M42, so not a new lens per se, according to some asian shopping sites.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, a lens worth the same as roughly seven mint Pentax Spotmatic bodies. I would toy with a Nikon AIS for my F's, Nikkormat and F2 but the SMC 55 f1.8 Takumar is one hell of an amazing lens and they are a lot cheaper than a Carl Zeiss 50 lens.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I wonder if anybody has yet had the <stuff that it takes> to test the two side-by-side....?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin