Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,573   Posts: 1,545,686   Online: 803

Shooter
    35mm

What a book on Photographic Lighting.

The reason i ordered this book=Light, Science & Magic by Authors Fil Hunter & Paul Fuqua is some one put a post up on the forum asking a question about a book on lighting, boy there were a lot of people that gave there feedback on a couple of excellant books, i bought this one because this book had more recommendations than all of the other ones.

It is 335 pages long, the photos and the drawings are excellant in explaining what he is trying to get across in each chapter.
    It is sort of expenesive=$ 49.95 but to me as a nebee to this wonderful world of taking pictures, who cares, not me.

If any one has read and maybe used his book for a lighting project let us no.
    All of you out there have a nice weekend.

Mike.

The first isbn-13: 978-0-240-80275-6. Number 2 is isbn-10-: 0-240-80275-6

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hi there, I am in my first year of a science degree doing scientific photography and whilst it isn't our "text" book, "Light, Science & Magic" is referrred to more than our text book for our 4x5 studio subject.

It is a fantastic book, the section on "the case of the disappearing glass" is specifically good.

my rating= 9/10

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yes, an excellent book, I bought a dozen copies a few years ago and distributed them to my newbie lighting team for the show we were doing. It was great to give them all a broad "base" set of knowledge that way.

Currently, my one remaining copy is loaned out, heh.....

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin