Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,993   Posts: 1,633,280   Online: 1151

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Joey,

I don't think your going to see people dumping the good glass cheap, the winners were winners and will continue to be winners for a long time to come and with Sony introducing a very high specification camera that will work with these lenses, I just can't see the prices come down much, I am interested in some of their new lenses they have announce as some of them will be backwards compatible with the film cameras and the optics are made by Zeiss...I look at them on Ebay all the time, and just have not seen much flutuation in the pricing..

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I acquired a Minolta SRT "by marriage" 25 years ago (wife had one). Since then, I've managed to collect six bodies (4 SRTs, XD11, X700) and I don't actually know how many MC and MD lenses. When I decided to try autofocus, I coveted a Maxxum 7, but didn't decide to buy one until (I swear) the day it was discontinued. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I ended up getting a great auction deal on a 650si with the 50mm 1.7 lens. I almost immediately bought a 28-85 zoom, but yearned for primes. KEH was eventually able to supply me with a 28mm and a 135mm. They are great, and I hardly ever use the zoom, just the three primes.

Someday, I'll find the "deal" on the 7 body. (Even though most of my shooting lately is medium format, and I still use the manual focus, yada yada yada ... Bad case of GAS )

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The Sony/Zeiss 85 is a rebranded refit of the same 85 (FULL FRAME) that was provided for the Contax line. A sweet, though heavy, lens.

"What Would Zeus Do?"
    KBPhotoRantPhotoPermitAPUG flickr Robot

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bjorke
    The Sony/Zeiss 85 is a rebranded refit of the same 85 (FULL FRAME) that was provided for the Contax line. A sweet, though heavy, lens.
    I don't mind heavy...what I'm getting tired of is vignetting on the short end of zooms and softness where it should be sharp...

I'm starting to think that the only place I should be mentioning zoom is in my new Mustang!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The 100mm f/2.8 Macro is one of the sharpest lenses made. My kit has the 20/2.8 (very sharp), 24-105 (what's on my camera the most), 100/2.8 Macro, 100-300 APO, and the 500/8 - all Minolta glass. I used to own the 100/2.8 Soft Focus but it was redundant with the 100 macro and I have other ways to soften the image. What I want to own is the 17-35D, the 85/1.4 Zeiss (I used to own one of these when I own a Contax), 70-210/2.8 SSM. 300/2.8 SSM, and the 600/4 - Hey we can dream can't we.

I'm probably going to sell one of my Maxxum 7 bodies soon. I don't need two of them, with shooting mainly LF.
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    My self interest in this is that since Minolta has sold out, there may be many users bailing out as well.
    I'm betting on this as well, and there is just such a huge amount of use Minolta equipment out there, that I bought a Sony a100. I got a K-M 100-300 AF lens with it when I ordered it from B&H two weeks ago and it works fine and the price was pretty inexpensive.

I'm wondering, does anyone know of MD to Minolta AF lens mount adaptors? I'd like to use some of my older prime lenses. And are there some recommendations for fast 28 to 35 mm prime AF mount lenses available used that you guys can recommend?

Quote Originally Posted by joeyk49
    Okay...I know there aren't a huge number of us (Minolta afficionados) out there, but I interested to learn what lenses have shown their mettle, now that Sony is about to put its stamp on the line.

In particular, I'm interested in the preferred WA, midrange zoom or portrait (35-80) and long lenses (100-300 range).

I've been disappointed by Sigma, but I have to admit my experience with that brand has been at the low end of their product line.

So...whattayalike and why?
    28-135mm f4.0 to f4.5.
    Weighs a ton, front glass huge so problem is getting a lens hood, flare is a problem and it has poor close up capacity. But it is sharp and very soilidly built.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes
    "... does anyone know of MD to Minolta AF lens mount adaptors...?"
    Only that such an animal does exist. Sorry I can't tell you more about it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirk Keyes
    I'm betting on this as well, and there is just such a huge amount of use Minolta equipment out there, that I bought a Sony a100. I got a K-M 100-300 AF lens with it when I ordered it from B&H two weeks ago and it works fine and the price was pretty inexpensive.

I'm wondering, does anyone know of MD to Minolta AF lens mount adaptors? I'd like to use some of my older prime lenses. And are there some recommendations for fast 28 to 35 mm prime AF mount lenses available used that you guys can recommend?

I see them occasionally show up in ebay. Because of the flange to film plane distance they have an optical element to allow focus at infinity. Therefore there is a magnification factor which is around 1.3x or 1.5x (can't remember off the top of my head).

Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Minolta to AF Minolta KM Sony adaptor

Quote Originally Posted by bob01721
    Only that such an animal does exist. Sorry I can't tell you more about it.
    Oh yes, it exists. I had one just 6 months ago. It worked but the magnification factor was too much. 1.5x and although I liked using it I already had enough great AF glass at the time. Some folks on the Minolta Yahoogroups could point you in the right direction. KEH has them periodically and sometimes Adorama.
    Luke

To create one's own world in any of the arts takes courage.

Georgia O'Keefe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin