Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,683   Online: 744

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Medium Format

Japan or bust...

Some of my best fleabay sales have been made to someone in Japan. If its an older camera I can bet that it will sell for over $100 more than I can get stateside, not including the cost of shipping. Three cheers!

I now have a Retina II craving. Sigh. If it's not cameras, it's darkroom equipment. Just got a great buy on a complete Beseler/Minolta 45A head. Then there is the catch; the tubes are only available as NOS from second source channels and the cost of one replacement set of 6 is roughly twice what the head cost... So, the next year will be spent hoarding a lifetime supply of flash tubes.

Same as with the Photogenic studio flash heads. Seems like I have 4 AA-12 heads and 8 spare OEM H4-1 tubes. More in them than the heads... Well, I think that my signature line says it all!!!
    Cheers,

Patrick

When you come to a fork in the road, take it...

Shooter
    Large Format
    I don't collect, I just give poor wayward cameras a home and a chance for a better life (sounds like Boy's Town). I am doing better. I am down to 38. I just gave away five, one to an old friend and 4 to new photography students.

A few years ago I purchased an 8X10 enlarger from the estate of a very wealthy physican. After loading the enlarger in my car the executor of the estate took me into the doctors private office to get the lenses. On two walls was the almost complete history of Leica M. An example of almost every body, lens and accessory from the "O" until he stopped collecting in the mid 1990's. He shot 8X10 and a couple of favorite Leicas, the rest were just a collection. They were trying to find a buyer to take the collection as a lot.

All is not well though. Last night I purchased 40 near new 4X5 film holders to replace some of my beaten ones. Father Flanagan, help me!
    DIGITAL IS FOR THOSE AFRAID OF THE DARK.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    All is not well though. Last night I purchased 40 near new 4X5 film holders to replace some of my beaten ones. Father Flanagan, help me!
    I'm not father Flanagan, but I suppose I could help you with a few of those holders

Last time I went out to shoot I discovered I only have 5 4x5" holders. I thought I had more, but found out that that was because I usually bring both 4x5" and 9x12cm, as well as a 5x7" camera with 5x7" and 13x18cm holders.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin