Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,274   Posts: 1,534,696   Online: 1010

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelygirl
    "... I would like folk's suggustions as to what zoom lens I could/should use..."
    What focal lengths are you looking for?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Hm, you lucky son-of-a-gun. I've been shooting with my XE7 (after a slew of other Minoltas) steady now, and I'd only with for that arsenal!

My zoom lens (which I've given up in favor of primes) was a Suntar "Sun" lens, 75-200 f/4. It was slow, but the sucker was nice in contrast and sharpness, considering it's age.

But unless you want to shoot in the dark, I'd really rather go for Rokkor zooms; at least with Rokkor, you can be sure to get the Minolta QC.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by raucousimages
    I like a 24 or 28. Anything in a Rokkor is good quality glass.
    Any prime Rokkor lens is generally good glass. There are a couple Rokkor zoom lenses that aren't so good.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am watching this thread as I picked up a Minolta XE-7 recently with a MC Rokkor 50 f1.4. I have a 28 Rokkor and a 135 Tele Rokkor on the way. I love this camera and I am resisting the urge to get an SRT 201. I don't need another body (famous last words).

Bill
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

[for now] Arizona, U. S. A. [near future?] "Land of Enchantment"[NM]
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi, Bob!
    I'm not exactly sure--one that would "cover" between my 55 -200mm fixed lenses I've got now. Is there such an 'animal'?
    Thanx!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelygirl
    Hi, Bob!
    I'm not exactly sure--one that would "cover" between my 55 -200mm fixed lenses I've got now. Is there such an 'animal'?
    Thanx!!
    The Vivitar Series 1 70-210 f/3.5 or the f/2.8-4.0. Here's some info about them. The first three are all excellent lenses and they all have macro capabilities. They're sorta "cult classics," too. Great optics and undervalued.

I yoosta have a Minolta 75-150 f/4.0 which was pretty decent for a zoom, too, but not quite up to the Series 1. I'm sure there are others, and the prices on eBay are GREAT now. In fact, with the prices the way they are, it's hard to go wrong! I've seen the Series 1's go for $25! If you don't like it, flip it for a profit.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin