Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,549   Posts: 1,544,588   Online: 875

Shooter
    35mm

F3HP Power Source Question.

I was wondering about the power source of my F3HP. It uses two 1.5v batteries when the MD4 motor drive is not attatched. When the MD4 is attatched, it uses the batteries of the MD4 instead of the two 1.5v. My question is I woner if it is safe to just remove the 1.5v batteries altogether when using the MD4. I read somewhere that it is possible, but I don't know if this can only be done on a temporary basis. Will there be damage to the F3HP if I only use the batteries from the MD4 motordrive from now on?

Shooter
    35mm
    I'm pretty certain you're okay - I used to do this all the time & had no adverse affects.

See here for more detail as they say the MD-4 overwrites the body for power consumption:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...nual/Index.htm

Good Luck

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I see no problem, I once ran one of my F3 bodies without batteries for about a year and didn't know there were none in it until I took the drive off and had no power

Mick.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I had the same experience as Mick just yesterday. Took off the MD4 and tried to use the F3 and couldn't figure why it didn't work? Until I discovered I had taken the SR44 batteries out of the body since I never really use it without the MD4... Shouldn't be a problem at all.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mick Fagan
    I see no problem, I once ran one of my F3 bodies without batteries for about a year and didn't know there were none in it until I took the drive off and had no power
    Ditto

Bill

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks! I think I am going to remove the in-camera batteries and use it with the MD4. I figure that if the small 1.5v batteries are just sitting in the camera without generating any power while the MD4 is in use, they might corrode or leak.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Hamiel
    I'm pretty certain you're okay - I used to do this all the time & had no adverse affects.

See here for more detail as they say the MD-4 overwrites the body for power consumption:
    http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography...nual/Index.htm

Good Luck
    Wow! Thanks for that link! It was really helpful and cleared up another question I had about either turning the power switch on or off when using the MD4. It also answered a couple of questions I had about an old F2A I have. Great link!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin