Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,439   Online: 1084

Shooter
    35mm

Very easy early morning question about the Tri-Pod Shoe?

This is to easy but, does it matter which way you put the shoe on the camera, does the screw head have to face to the front of the camera towards the lens or to the back of the camera?

See i said it would be easy, what am i doing up so late=DA?

Thanks, Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Structurally speaking, I really wouldn't imagine so ... but it sounds a lot to me like you're referring to a very specific product that none of us are familiar with... if you could care to describe this 'shoe' perhaps... are you talking about a 'quick release' plate? Or a tripod head platform?

What is more important (in some cases where the shoe is not symetrical) is having the right axis orientation. One of my shoes is octagon (stop sign in the U.S.A.) so it is symetrical but another one is rectangular in which case you want to have the long side run along the camera's long axis.
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Check the bottom of the plate. It might say something about the direction. The thing is you can put it on the wrong way but if you do then depending on the head the handles might be hitting you or just a pain to use. It's like the tripod. You can put the single leg any place you want but it's better if it is out front with the two legs in back.

X

X X

Shooter
    35mm
    The shoe as i call it is the quick release plate that you slide into the tri-pod head with the camera attached to it, and it is square in size, thanks.

Mike.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by papisa
    The shoe as i call it is the quick release plate that you slide into the tri-pod head with the camera attached to it, and it is square in size, thanks. Mike.
    If it's square, what do you mean by head? Isn't the screw in the center. Since you mention sliding in, I am wondering if this is an arca-swiss type plate.

-A

Quote Originally Posted by papisa
    The shoe as i call it is the quick release plate that you slide into the tri-pod head with the camera attached to it, and it is square in size, thanks.

Mike.
    If square, it takes load equally unless there is a notch to line up the head with the tripod
    --Jeffrey

www.jsteinbergphoto.com (my avocation)
    www.reversis.com (my vocation)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin