Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,711   Posts: 1,548,643   Online: 1103
      
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 91
  1. #21

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Evanston, IL, USA
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    646
    Images
    17
    I'd like to see Canon AE-1, but without the foam light seals. This time, Canon should try to find something more durable.

  2. #22

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    144
    - Xpan
    - Nikon F2AS

    Especially the Nikon...IMHO the F2 series was one of the best, if not THE best, Nikon ever made!
    Regards,
    Alan Huntley
    www.silverscapephoto.com

  3. #23
    Lachlan Young's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Glasgow
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    578
    Images
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K
    OM-1
    YES!
    And the Speed Graphic and the Mamiya C330.

    Lachlan

  4. #24
    purple's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Bolton, England
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    37
    Minolta XM.
    There simply aren't enough of them in the world to get my hands on one...


    ... at anything approaching a sensible price.

  5. #25
    David Brown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    near Dallas, TX USA
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    3,317
    Images
    6
    One wonders if it would be practical to engineer and market a meter replacement/repair product for such as the Spotmatics, or say the Minolta SRTs, that would use current (and plentiful/cheap) batteries? There's a zillion of these out there, but you can't get batteries, and if you can, chances are the meters are no good anyway. There's an awful lot of good glass for these cameras at reasonable prices, too.

    Anyway, that's my wish, more than the re-introduction of a same camera for what would no doubt be a high price. :o

  6. #26

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Posts
    119
    Contax IIa with improved viewfinder, lever film advance, and lever film rewind.

    Canon F1. Super Graphic 4x5. Olympus Pen FT. Olympus OM1. Minolta Autocord.

    Wayne

  7. #27

    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Italia
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    4,680
    Quote Originally Posted by David Brown
    One wonders if it would be practical to engineer and market a meter replacement/repair product for such as the Spotmatics, or say the Minolta SRTs, that would use current (and plentiful/cheap) batteries? There's a zillion of these out there, but you can't get batteries, and if you can, chances are the meters are no good anyway. There's an awful lot of good glass for these cameras at reasonable prices, too.

    The Spotmatics are happy with current batteries. Always have been.

  8. #28
    David A. Goldfarb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Honolulu, Hawai'i
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Posts
    17,325
    Images
    20
    Not 35mm, but I've read about 8x10" Graflex reflex cameras. Wouldn't mind seeing one of those.

    The Graflex 70mm Combat Graphic rangefinder, maybe updated to take 120 and 220 film would be an interesting thing, with multicoated versions of the three classic Ektar lenses of course.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

  9. #29

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Japan
    Shooter
    35mm
    Posts
    1,957
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick Zentena
    The Spotmatics are happy with current batteries. Always have been.
    I think Cosina released M42-mount SLR bodies (Bessaflex) a few years ago for the old Pentax users to be able to use their old Takumar lenses again. I know they feel different from the Spotmatic bodies, but you know...

  10. #30
    Andy K's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Sunny Southend, England.
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Posts
    9,422
    Images
    81
    Quote Originally Posted by firecracker
    I think Cosina released M42-mount SLR bodies (Bessaflex) a few years ago for the old Pentax users to be able to use their old Takumar lenses again. I know they feel different from the Spotmatic bodies, but you know...
    They certainly did, and they are still available.


    -----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast


 

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:



Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin