Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,041   Posts: 1,560,706   Online: 1068

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have the 85/f2 and 55/micro both bought at bargain prices from KEH and both super sharp. Even with my near-sightedness and astigmatism I still manage to get sharp images with these two lenses.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hah, Nancy...I have that same problem.
    No idea what's going to happen next, but I'm hoping it involves being wrist deep in chemicals come the weekend.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    i dont have near as many lenses, but im thinkin about another one too...ill be goin wide i think. ive gota 50 and a 35 MF.
    steve barry
    my stuff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It seeems like you need some closeup- and macroabilities. I'll second the 55mm and 105mm micro suggestions and ads the 28mm f/2,8 AIS that will focus as close as 20cm. Very good for closeups.
    Cheers
    Søren
    Send from my Electronic Data Management Device using TWOFingerTexting

Technology distinquishable from magic is insufficiently developed

Søren Nielsen
    Denmark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr
    What MF lens would be a good addition. The FE is mainly going to be a backup to my N80 and a "novelty" camera to use when I feel like going MF.

Chris

It took me a second to realize that MF meant "manual focus" not "medium format".

That will teach me to read these at 4am!

For MF lenses, consider some of the E-series lenses. They were made at the same time of the camera, and were designed as "inexpensive" lenses. That said, some of them are very nice. They are also smaller and lighter than the AF lenses you have. They are also so cheap as to not be much of a budget concern.

I have the 100mm Series E lens. It is sharp stopped down and has a nice bokeh open. I also have the 75-150 zoom--similar properties. I found I almost never use the zoom as the 100mm is so small and light (the zoom is light for a zoom, but the 100mm is right in the middle of the range).

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    I wasn't aware of this, but there was apparently a 105/1.8 AIS made. That would be an excellent lens for available light portraiture. Expensive, though.
    I have that lens in AI version, and it is one of my all-time favorites. It is so sharp that you have to hold it with welders' gloves. I also use it with a PK12 extension tube for macro work. VERY shallow dof when you want it!

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie Brim
    Oh, and the 24/2.8 AI will be the next lens I get. Wider than the 28, not quite as wide as the 20, and very sharp.
    I also have that lens, and it's a sweetheart.
    Eddy McDonald
    www.fotoartes.com
    Eschew defenestration!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin