Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,717   Posts: 1,483,108   Online: 1063

Shooter
    Multi Format

Minolta X-7A Battery

A friend of mine has an old Minolta X-7A that he would like to start using again and there are no batteries in it. He doesn't have a manual and the batteries were removed a while ago to be replaced and never were. Does anyone who know what batteries this model takes? I thought it might be 2 -CR-5's but I'm not sure and I don't know anything about Minolta's line of cameras. Thanks for any help on this.

Brian McDowell
    Brian McDowell

Shooter
    Large Format
    I believe the X7a is essentially the same as the X-370. Both were released in either the late 1980's or early 1990's. The X-370 takes plain old SR-44 (AKA MS76, RS76, A76 EPX76) 1.5 volt batteries. I think it safe to assume that the X-7a uses this same battery.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Brad is correct. SR44 is right. Different batteries were used back in the SR series cameras. X-series, sr44 is the battery to use.

Shooter
    35mm
    hello i just recently got a x-7a and i know this might sound funny but please tell me how to replace the battery

Shooter
    35mm
    These are equivalent silver oxides you can use: 357, 303, S76, MS76, KS76, G-13, SR-44W. John, www.zuiko.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by JeSsE-ThE-REapER View Post
    hello i just recently got a x-7a and i know this might sound funny but please tell me how to replace the battery
    Help yourself to a manual!
    http://www.geocities.com/eskoufos/fmm.html
    Don't know the camera at all, does it have a round compartment cover on the base with a slot for a coin of 20 mm diameter or so?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just put a coin in the round silver door with a slot in it. Put the two SR44 batteries in there.

The original Minolta strap can also store two extra batteries in the plastic thingy that is on the strap.

Welcome to the forums by the way.

Nick
    Kodachrome
    They give us those nice bright colors
    They give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah.
    -Paul Simon

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JeSsE-ThE-REapER View Post
    Like this:
    Attached Files
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin